Looking for boat mechanic Bryan-College Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for boat mechanic Bryan-College Station

I suspect that water pump on ski boat needs to be replaced/rebuilt. Any shade tree mechanics out there? Hoping to avoid hauling to Conroe. Not a fan of a Bryan Marine. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not a fan of Bryan marine? Was it shoddy work or just their personalities? There is a mechanic on Camp Creek lake. Name is Ray, 979-906-0224. I havent used him but lots of people here on the lake have. The few folks I personally know that have used him have had positive results.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Why not a fan of Bryan marine? Was it shoddy work or just their personalities? There is a mechanic on Camp Creek lake. Name is Ray, 979-906-0224. I havent used him but lots of people here on the lake have. The few folks I personally know that have used him have had positive results.

Personality I guess. The one time I went there they just didn’t seem interested. Quoted me a much higher price than what I ended up paying for service and said it would be weeks before they could even look at it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
        Personality I guess. The one time I went there they just didn’t seem interested. Quoted me a much higher price than what I ended up paying for service and said it would be weeks before they could even look at it. Thanks.

I've taken my stuff there a few times over the years and the work has been solid but making the customer feel welcome and appreciated isnt their strong suit lol. I hope you find someone. Trailering to Conroe isnt fun.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          I've taken my stuff there a few times over the years and the work has been solid but making the customer feel welcome and appreciated isnt their strong suit lol. I hope you find someone. Trailering to Conroe isnt fun.

Just spoke to Doug at Bryan Marine. Says he can’t service it because it’s Volvo Penta. So looks like I may have to go to Conroe after all.

Comment

I did mine myself on four stroke 150 yamaha. Its very easy. Just go watch some youtube videos on what your make and model is.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
              I did mine myself on four stroke 150 yamaha. Its very easy. Just go watch some youtube videos on what your make and model is.

Outboard?

Comment

Doug is a good guy and I've had very positive work done by him.

Another alternative (and I don't know anything about them) is a shop in Brenham. You'll likely have to haul that Volvo I/O to Conroe.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                  Doug is a good guy and I've had very positive work done by him.

Another alternative (and I don't know anything about them) is a shop in Brenham. You'll likely have to haul that Volvo I/O to Conroe.

Closest authorized Volvo Penta dealer is in Conroe. I used a shop in Brenham a few year back for my bay boat. Schmidt’s?

Comment

Yes, Schmidt's. Good luck with Conroe.

Comment

Being Volvo/Penta, is it inboard? What motor? My old Chaparral had the 4.3l motor, it was basically like changing a water pump on a car. But it had a cover that a new impeller went in, took about 1 hour to replace and was good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
                        Being Volvo/Penta, is it inboard? What motor? My old Chaparral had the 4.3l motor, it was basically like changing a water pump on a car. But it had a cover that a new impeller went in, took about 1 hour to replace and was good to go.

I/O. It’s a 1995 Cobalt. Believe it’s a Ford 5.8 L. I can take a pic later. It could be that I just need to replace impeller but I don’t really know.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                          I/O. It’s a 1995 Cobalt. Believe it’s a Ford 5.8 L. I can take a pic later. It could be that I just need to replace impeller but I don’t really know.

More than likely, is it running hot while idling? Mine did that, but under power water was being forced though and would run regular temps. Pretty straight forward change out.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOacHnmlH_I"]How to Change Out Your Impeller on Your Boat - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

More than likely, is it running hot while idling? Mine did that, but under power water was being forced though and would run regular temps. Pretty straight forward change out.

How to Change Out Your Impeller on Your Boat - YouTube

I never let it run more than a couple of minutes so temp gauge never showed that it was high. Did it once in driveway with water hose hooked up and once in water and both times I noticed a slight burning smell. Also noticed that hoses coming off block were very hot and I could not feel water flowing through them so I shut it down. My guess is that impeller is shot and broken pieces may be clogging the hoses. Thanks.

Comment

How to Change Out Your Impeller on Your Boat - YouTube

Thanks for video link. Had not seen that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X