Stockshow Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duckhead View Post
    We started July 7th. We will have 23 litters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Nice. But a ton of work

Comment

We got a gilt on feed for our local county show and will be getting major show hogs in late Oct/Nov for San Antonio and Houston. My son is looking foward to livestock judging again.

Comment

Champion Angus

Got our first buckle with the new set of calves last weekend.
        Hot as heck right now, three black, hairy, steers on feed.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          We got a gilt on feed for our local county show and will be getting major show hogs in late Oct/Nov for San Antonio and Houston. My son is looking foward to livestock judging again.
          That is good to hear. My daughter will be competing in the North Texas Fair Livestock Judging contest in a couple of weeks. The first one of the year then State Fair

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
            Got our first buckle with the new set of calves last weekend.
            Hot as heck right now, three black, hairy, steers on feed.
            Nice. Congrats

Comment

Comment

Going to try and keep up with this one. I never showed so don't know the ins and outs myself, but hoping i can get my boys into in a few years when they are old enough... only 3 right now. Bought a few commercial boers a week ago to start getting familiar with raising them. Hopefully they like it and can graduate to showing lowlines if my dad can get the right genetics in his herd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                  That is good to hear. My daughter will be competing in the North Texas Fair Livestock Judging contest in a couple of weeks. The first one of the year then State Fair
                  Here is our gilt we got on feed. She is gonna be good if she holds together.

Comment

Looking good!!

Comment

We have 2 lambs in the barn. One for county and one for San Antonio. First year to do a major.

Comment

Two Brangus heifers in the barn at my place, looking to add a grey Brahman in the following weeks. First jack pots for us start in the middle of August. Then non stop after that. I'll be helping some of the local ag kids out this year. Several kids involved in the program so we should be plenty busy. Even plan on taking a few of mine to some open shows.

Comment

Five steers and a heifer right now, and just paid for a goat yesterday. It will be here sometime in September.

Comment

Well went and picked out our last goat for County. The goal is just to make sale at County

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is. You do have to love it. It has its ups and its downs.
                              Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                              Nice. But a ton of work
                              Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckhead View Post
                                It is. You do have to love it. It has its ups and its downs.
                                Very true statement. This will be our 6th year to breed/farrow/raise our own Showpigs. We have been from winning a class at Houston, breed champion at our county show, to my daughters pig dying the day of the show in the show barn and every where in between. You truly have to love it to raise any specie of Show stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X