No announcement yet.

Let's talk sidebar/stab mounts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently added a Bowfinger rear side bar mount to my e35, amazing product. Zero slippage even with the longest/heaviest setups. Check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let's talk sidebar/stab mounts.

Here’s a pic of it. I did my homework on mounts and this was clearly the right choice. Just a quality designed and manufactured piece of archery equipment. There isn’t just one fastener holding it snug, the collets on both axis have tremendous surface area once set. I love the quick disconnect too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by muddyfuzzy; 05-15-2019, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Here’s a pretty good article on stabilizers.

Stabilizers, balance,  and bows - oh my! By George Ryals IV © 2010 Stabilizers, over the last decade or so, have become all about vibration damping. Sales of stabilizers and the perceived quality of a stabilizer are measured by how dead it makes the bow feel. Vibration da

Comment

Well after a little bit of testing with FND at CCR, I went with the Mr. Lin Stab quick release mount Stoof suggested above and the 8" B-stinger I already had. The difference with it on and off was very noticeable with tightening up my side to side holding on the X. Yes it adds a little more weight to the bow but was very surprised and pleased with how it gave the bow a lighter feel at full draw with the balance. The quick release makes it nice for putting in the hard case too. After we got the sight dialed in and shot with and without stab, I finished the day off with a nice three arrow grouping at 20 yards I am happy with. I'm sure I'll play with length and weights more and maybe some angles but I think I have a pretty good start.

Mr. Lin mount

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sidebar mount.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	24583004

My B-Stinger stab I already had. I like that it wasn't too far past the string and the price was right. I didn't find it to get in the way at this length although I could see myself getting the 6" if it did. But then it may not balance as well as it does now.

Name:	Sidebar stab.jpg
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	24583005

My last three arrows before I left CCR after getting it all dialed in.

Name:	IMG_9991.jpg
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	24583006

Just a quick side by side visual comparison of the the B- Stinger mount and the Mr. Lin mount (right) for folks who might want to do the same. The Mr. Lin can be had for $23-33 depending on how quick you want it. The B-Stinger was $89-99

Name:	IMG_0098.jpg
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	24583007

Comment

Working...
          X