No announcement yet.

which Carry gun and why? List please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I went through some dang guns trying to find one that would work. The wisdom I learned is that some of the guns I didn’t like were because I didn’t have the right type of holster. Once I tried OWB I found that a larger more comfortable gun could be carried more comfortably and easier while still being concealed as well as a smaller gun in the pocket or IWB.

Taurus 617 7-shot ported 357, cuz I thought more would be better. Too fat, too heavy, recoil and report would stun you. Oh yeah, and it would lock up. What a POS.

Taurus 445Ti 44sp. Didn’t learn my lesson with the first one. Lighter but still too fat. Oh yeah, would lock up. What a POS

Decided to try an semi auto. Kahr PM40. Grip too small to handle recoil. Just wasn’t fun to shoot. Had to go back to Kahr 3x before it was reliable.

Glock 30SF. Loved that gun but traded it off eventually. Not really great for carry as it was too big and heavy but I did carry it some. Would buy another one.

Ruger LCP (twice). About as concealable as you’re gonna get. Actually decent to shoot once you replace the guide rod spring with a heavier one. Had it for pocket carry but it was too dang small to get a good consistent grip.

S&W 442. Finally! Easy to carry, packs a punch....not fun to shoot. Simple enough to grip consistently that I can pocket carry. A tad low on capacity but it would get carried consistently which is more important. Still have it. Still carry it, pocket or OWB

S&W Shield. Only bought it because Palmetto had them on sale for like $200 or something. It’s perfect. Easier to carry and to shoot than the 442, and has higher capacity. Has replaced the 442 for the most part.

Glock 19. Perfect for OWB carry. Perfect truck gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Typically my Kimber Micro 380 but I'm not a fan of the beavertail on it. I also carry my XDE 9mm, its SA/DA with a decocker and thumb safety. I wish I could find something the size of the Micro 380 that had the same features the XDE has.

Comment

1.Colt Defender 3" in .45acp
        2.Glock .43
        3.Colt Mustang in .380

Comment

SIG P290RS, 9mm perfect IWB Carry. very comfortable, just bought the Sig P320XL, but it seems to be a little uncomfortable to IWB carry, only had a week, we shall see..

David G

Comment

I find that I carry my Diamondback DB9 in my front pocket more than anything else.

Comment

I don't, but when I did I tried several but always went back to the SP101. Why, small, reliable, hits where you point it, and all it takes to make it work is to point and pull the trigger.
              If you can look at something and hit it, you're less likely to need a double stack.

Comment

1. Taurus Poly 605 in 357. OWB, light, concealable, never wanted to shoot it w/ 357 and 38+P is pretty equitable to 9mm with less round capacity.
                2. Ruger LC9s front pocket carry. I’ve not held anything that feels better, and with a spare mag in my pocket giving me 14 rds, I feel comfortable with that.

Comment

Since I got my CHL in 1996, there have been many. Starting with:

1. Glock Gen 2 G17
                  2. Kahr K9
                  3. Para Ordnance P13 .45
                  4. Colt Stainless Commander .45
                  5. Browning Hi Power 9mm
                  6. Glock Gen 3 G19
                  7. Kimber Tactical Pro .45
                  8. S&W M&P Compact 9mm
                  9. S&W M&P FS 9mm
                  10. S&W M&P Compact .45
                  11. S&W M&P Shield 9mm
                  12. S&W M&P Shield .45

The Kahr was my ergonomic favorite, but had insurmountable feeding issues (mags). The double-column mag guns all proved slightly too large and/or heavy (especially the P13/45) to effectively conceal when no printing was allowed. I currently have the Shields, they seem to be a good balance between size and capacity. I find myself carrying the .45 more than the 9mm.

Stu
                  Last edited by Cottonfish; 01-10-2019, 09:25 PM.

Comment

This is my primary cary gun. G43 with +2's. In the winter I do carry my G19 but it gets heavy.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Davik View Post
                      Charter Arms Bulldog .44 because a big hole causes big blood.
                      outstanding choice! excellent snake popper with rat shot also!

Comment

Beretta Model 84 380

Comment

S&W 6 Shot 2 1/2 barrel .357. More than enough. House have a 12 gauge loaded with 3 inch 00 buck

Comment

I carry a Sig P226 with TLR-1 at work.
                            Right now, I carry a G23 with TLR-1, but that will change to a G19 with the same light and possibly a red dot with an upcoming 9mm transition, the rest of the time. For holsters I use either Safariland or DSG.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                              If you feel like you need more than 5 or 6 rounds from a carry gun for your personal protection you are are probably frequenting the wrong kinda places or running with the wrong crowd.
                              Totally agree with this.

Comment

Favorite is a Springfield EMP, but feel it is too expensive for “everyday” carry.
                                I carry a S&W Shield 2.0 most of the time. Handles well, accurate, and a trigger as good as a Glock. But less than half the price of a Glock (under $300). No worries if it gets scratched or marked.

Comment

Working...
                                X