No announcement yet.

2019 APR TBH Special Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like light weight hunter is winning, excited to see how these new actions run

Comment

Hmmm... Interesting to see where this goes. Light weight would be interesting for daughter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Light weight and carbon fiber is what I came here for. Man I hope it goes that way

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          Light weight and carbon fiber!!!!

I 100% agree!!!!!!!!!!!
          This

Comment

A full carbon build will be really hard to pass up, especially with that naked carbon look!

Comment

What are the odds of the full carbon build winning at this point? Lol.

Seems like there are two distinct camps forming, with a heavy preference for the light weight. So here's an idea that would provide two price-point options and still give the guys that wanted a little heavier version some love too.

Tier 1 - The light option. APR Hunter(lighter) action, vertical grip carbon fiber stock, Carbon Barrel, bdl bottom metal. Basically a 6 lbish lean, mean hunting machine.

Tier 2 - The heavier option. APR G2 action(heavier), same vertical grip carbon fiber stock, Sendero contour cut-rifled barrel (fluted or not), Bdl bottom metal. This version could swap to a detachable mag for an additional fee. Should end up mid 7 lb range hitting 9ish with glass and be a couple hundred less than the all carbon.

Thoughts?

Comment

For $200ish more, Tier 1 all the way.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I would need to do some research on the carbon Barrel so at this point I'm saying tier 2 with detachable mag.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                    I would need to do some research on the carbon Barrel so at this point I'm saying tier 2 with detachable mag.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    You are not going to have much luck with research on this particular carbon barrel, as this will be the first place it is offered. We are still doing the final testing now. Here is an 8-shot group with factory ammo fired with a suppressor. There are still a few bugs to work out, but it will be there before these builds materialize. We'll have a contingency plan if we are not satisfied completely with them before we move forward.

Comment

lightweight rig in 260 is sounding pretty good right now

Comment

Will the vertical grip on the carbon version have a palm swell?

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                          Will the vertical grip on the carbon version have a palm swell?
                          Yes, but not overly aggressive

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                            Yes, but not overly aggressive
                            Ok, that might be my only hold-up. I’m a lefty that shoots all righty. I’m scared to death to get a left hand action, I’ve got too many right hand rifles to switch now...

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                              You are not going to have much luck with research on this particular carbon barrel, as this will be the first place it is offered. We are still doing the final testing now. Here is an 8-shot group with factory ammo fired with a suppressor. There are still a few bugs to work out, but it will be there before these builds materialize. We'll have a contingency plan if we are not satisfied completely with them before we move forward.
                              WOW....... That is impressive no matter how you look at it.........

Comment

Liking the looks of this...

Comment

Working...
                                X