Texas Pecan

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
        Texas Pecan
        Beautiful wood, God Bless Texas.

Comment

Texas Pecan
          Awesome. I'm too far away from needing a mantle but thats really nice.

BTW kids been cutting some of those blanks with the jig saw you gave him making lures. He gets one done and gone before I can see it good

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Awesome. I'm too far away from needing a mantle but thats really nice.

BTW kids been cutting some of those blanks with the jig saw you gave him making lures. He gets one done and gone before I can see it good

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
            Thats awesome to hear!

Comment

One can dream to have their own mill one day. Looking forward to some cool DIY threads.

Comment

Sim more milling over the last couple in of weeks

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you ever need more wood and want to make it out to La Grange you’re more than welcome to come get whatever you want. I’m about to get rid of 60 ac of oak and cedar.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
                    If you ever need more wood and want to make it out to La Grange you’re more than welcome to come get whatever you want. I’m about to get rid of 60 ac of oak and cedar.
                    I will probably take you up on that!

Comment

Dumb question, but how long does the wood have to dry before it can be milled? If I cut down a pecan, and I want to board it out, can it be milled immediately, and then dried, or dry then mill? I have been wanting to do this for a while, but I'm not sure where I would store wood for drying.

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                        Dumb question, but how long does the wood have to dry before it can be milled? If I cut down a pecan, and I want to board it out, can it be milled immediately, and then dried, or dry then mill? I have been wanting to do this for a while, but I'm not sure where I would store wood for drying.
                        It can be milled immediately but it will need to then been dried. The average is about 1 year per inch of thickness.

Where I am on the coast the lumber won't ever make it down to 6-8%(where I want it to build furniture) so it will need to be kiln-dried. Air-dried lumber here will be at 10-14%.

When your ready to cut it down let me know. You are not too far out of the way to the ranch.

Building a Kiln is on the list!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Those are really neat!

I was amazed at how much time I could waste watching guys cut slabs on youtube the 1st time I stumbled onto a video.

Ditto! Countless hours watching sawmill and other misc. woodworking videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man you took it to the ranch? Should have called me! This is awesome stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post
                              Man you took it to the ranch? Should have called me! This is awesome stuff!
                              Its still there. Got some stuff to mill up?

Comment

I will probably take you up on that!
                                If you do, I'd love to get in on your visit. I have a huge cedar that I was eyeballing over the weekend thinking how cool it would be to get some slabs cut out of her.

Comment

Working...
                                X