X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer are coming to corn. Seen deer every sit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks a lot PineyWoods, I appreciate the info keep us posted, I was sure hoping the deer are coming to corn this year.
      Last edited by dvinson; 11-12-2021, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Well we weren't as lucky as PineyWoodsBow due to a full moon while we there the last 4 days. But they certainly ate all of our corn with the moonlight. It can only get better as the moon begins to darken. We already booked this same weekend 4 day hunt for next year and the moon according to the chart says it will be dark. 2 of our guys did shoot pigs to try and do our part in KAP's.

Comment

Originally posted by diamonde40 View Post
          Well we weren't as lucky as PineyWoodsBow due to a full moon while we there the last 4 days. But they certainly ate all of our corn with the moonlight. It can only get better as the moon begins to darken. We already booked this same weekend 4 day hunt for next year and the moon according to the chart says it will be dark. 2 of our guys did shoot pigs to try and do our part in KAP's.

Thanks for the update. We will be there Dec. 1, I hope at least a few doe come in during daylight, so maybe to pull a buck in. We are in the dark of the moon phase. I'm really not sure it makes that much difference though.

Comment

Nick how did you do?

Originally posted by nick05 View Post
            We are hunting hog heaven south. We have 10 guys in our group.

We are heading down there next Friday to hunt that pasture.

Comment

Originally posted by dvinson View Post
              Thanks for the update. We will be there Dec. 1, I hope at least a few doe come in during daylight, so maybe to pull a buck in. We are in the dark of the moon phase. I'm really not sure it makes that much difference though.
              What pasture are you hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by Motive7 View Post
                What pasture are you hunting?
                Hog Heaven South

Comment

Hog Heaven South
                  Awesome, our group will be coming down Friday to hunt there as well....

Comment

Originally posted by Motive7 View Post
                    Awesome, our group will be coming down Friday to hunt there as well....
                    Good,. How many in the group? There are just two of us and we are not staying at the pasture cabin,
                    We are staying in town. A little more expensive but much more comfortable 🙂 what part of hog heaven South are y'all hunting in?

Comment

Keep the reports coming. I've only turkey hunted it and that was several years ago.

May try to make a trip out next season.

One thing is certain, Pete and Nick are great host and will do whatever they can to ensure a good hunt.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good,. How many in the group? There are just two of us and we are not staying at the pasture cabin,
                        We are staying in town. A little more expensive but much more comfortable 🙂 what part of hog heaven South are y'all hunting in?

There are 8 of us, I think we are having Nick setup 10 blinds to rotate throughout the group, or that has been what we have done the past few years.

Last year, there was a couple of guys in the other cabin while we were down there that shot a nice one. One guy in our group shot a buck...but we went in late Jan last year. I'll see if I can find those pics.

Comment

any Updates

Comment

A buddy in our group shot a nice one last night, I think they scored it just shy of 130”. I shot the biggest buck of my life only to watch it disappear in the brush. Called Roy Hindes, his dog came out and we gave up the search at 1100yrds. Dog went over 4 miles per tracker. So far, BY FAR, the best trip and the first no recovery buck. I just can’t say enough about Nick, great guy, extremely helpful and overall I couldn’t ask for anything more for someone in his position. My only regret is that we didn’t book 2 weeks

Comment

Motive, We are headed down the 18th. First timers! Nick is setting us up some blinds to help get us started. Hate you lost your buck. I expect us to rebook and extend our trip for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by SGIB View Post
                                Motive, We are headed down the 18th. First timers! Nick is setting us up some blinds to help get us started. Hate you lost your buck. I expect us to rebook and extend our trip for next year.

How did you do?

Comment

Working...
                                X