Crooked Silencerco Harvester?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    Their service and turnaround time has taken a major dive in the last year since the latest round of layoffs in January 18’. Im really surprised to see he received a call back so quickly. As of a couple months ago it was still taking weeks just to speak to someone. Repair was considerably longer. Let’s hope that’s a sign of better service and warranty turnaround time.
    Hate to hear that from them. I guess it was bound to happen with them fooling with shotgun cans and integrally suppressed pistols. Both products that we did not need. I wish they would have stayed on top of new mounting systems and innovative rifle suppressors. They have not done much to the lineup in over 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
      So don't worry about it? Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
      I am not sure what other options he has. SilencerCo indicated it was within spec and said to run it. If he sends it back what would they change without a baffle strike on something that is within spec?

On a side note, how many of you are chucking up your suppressors and measuring runout before shooting? I would guess near zero. The other option is to sell it, but not disclosing what was found would be shady.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
        Hate to hear that from them. I guess it was bound to happen with them fooling with shotgun cans and integrally suppressed pistols. Both products that we did not need. I wish they would have stayed on top of new mounting systems and innovative rifle suppressors. They have not done much to the lineup in over 4 years.
        Look at who left about that time

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          Look at who left about that time
          Agree!

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never had a SilencerCo product in my hand before this but I can tell y'all one thing as a manufacturer of aerospace and downhole parts where we have to hold tolerances in the tenths...I'm considering getting a class 3 on top of my current 7 because if they're selling these things for 6-700$ I can make solid 6-4 titanium monocores cheaper and considerably better and I've got a laser etching machine with a rotary axis for current parts anyway...sorry, it's early and I'm waiting for my coffee to brew.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
              I've never had a SilencerCo product in my hand before this but I can tell y'all one thing as a manufacturer of aerospace and downhole parts where we have to hold tolerances in the tenths...I'm considering getting a class 3 on top of my current 7 because if they're selling these things for 6-700$ I can make solid 6-4 titanium monocores cheaper and considerably better and I've got a laser etching machine with a rotary axis for current parts anyway...sorry, it's early and I'm waiting for my coffee to brew.
              If you already have a type 7 FFL you only need to apply for a type 2 Special Occupancy Tax (SOT). Frankly, this is the best combination you can have. This allows you to build anything covered under the NFA act and you can act as a transfer for any legal class III item.

Meaning you can build suppressors, machine guns, etc. You just have to notify the BATFE within a day on certain things. Go for it!

Comment

In my opinion there are still a lot of precision bolt guys that are not happy about Thunder Beast discontinuing their old line of direct thread precision rifle suppressors. I am not sure mono-core is the way to go but if you could build something direct thread that performed like that old TB can for a reasonable price you would have a customer here ready to buy. Perhaps a special TBH direct thread precision rifle suppressor at a decent price? I am not all that worried about it being the absolute lowest DB on the market. My requirement would be hearing safe with a pleasing tone. Look forward to the prototypes!

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                  In my opinion there are still a lot of precision bolt guys that are not happy about Thunder Beast discontinuing their old line of direct thread precision rifle suppressors. I am not sure mono-core is the way to go but if you could build something direct thread that performed like that old TB can for a reasonable price you would have a customer here ready to buy. Perhaps a special TBH direct thread precision rifle suppressor at a decent price? I am not all that worried about it being the absolute lowest DB on the market. My requirement would be hearing safe with a pleasing tone. Look forward to the prototypes!
                  Good chance I’ll be back in touch with our own Sean Cody. He’s done a great job for me on all my other stuff as well and I’d highly recommend him to anyone.

Comment

The 6-700 includes 2 sets of markup, wholesale distributor & dealer, so I'm guessing the manufacturer is getting $4ish. Still some meat on the bone, but maybe not much by the time you add whatever insurance policy would be needed to cover you, taxes, then there is ITAR....

Comment

I can tell y'all one thing as a manufacturer of aerospace and downhole parts where we have to hold tolerances in the tenths...I'm considering getting a class 3 on top of my current 7 because if they're selling these things for 6-700$ I can make solid 6-4 titanium monocores cheaper and considerably better
                      We await your "considerably better," yet still cheaper silencer designs. I'm sure they will be great. I would like to buy one. Keep us posted.

Comment

You thread barrels for everyone, or just your customers or other dealers, or..?? I would be interested in pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                          We await your "considerably better," yet still cheaper silencer designs. I'm sure they will be great. I would like to buy one. Keep us posted.
                          I should probably rephrase that as considerably tighter in spec and straightness. They’ve all done their homework on the quiet end and know more about that than I do

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                            You thread barrels for everyone, or just your customers or other dealers, or..?? I would be interested in pricing.
                            Just customers. It’s just me in my little shop at the house after work and on weekends so I don’t have the capacity to do a whole lot. I may do a website just for grins but I always said I didn’t want to come home from a job of meeting deadlines to a job at home meeeting deadlines. I tend to refer most folks to APR as they’re a sponsor but also because Robert (Stick1) here on TBH is a superb guy.

Comment

Hmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X