This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mev002 View Post

Picked up the Sightmark Photon XT on Friday at Academy during the clearance sale.. got it for $125.

I have a .224 Valkyrie I’m going to put it on. Need to get to the range to sight it in, so I get get out there and start killin’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Which academy did you get this from and did they have anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by rockspringshunt View Post
      Which academy did you get this from and did they have anymore?

This was at the Bunker Hill Academy in Houston. This was the only one they had. I went back and checked a few days later too.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
        Oh man....that's good question. I honestly can't remember from when I was holding it at SHOT but I honestly think there is a + and - button right there on the top of the eyepiece that does the zoom in and zoom out. I know this....if it's buttons, it will be done by 2 buttons, zoom in and zoom out, you will not go into the menu for anything. I'm 99% sure the zoom in/zoom out buttons are right there on the rear above the eyepeice. Ill have to confirm that though.

Jason
        Thanks! that sounds good to have zoom that way !
        One thing I'm on the fence for the rifle scope style of thermals is it going to be like a regular scope that the crosshairs are always on the gun canted to one side or the other LOL!.

Comment

Originally posted by rockspringshunt View Post
          Anyone ever night hunt for axis deer? wondering if I'd be better going with night vision or thermal. Wondering if you could see the spots on its coat at 100yds with night vision? Using thermal can you see antlers? Thanks for any help
          I have hunted Axis in Junction with thermal and real night vision. It works extremely well. I would recommend NV over thermal if Axis is your main quarry, because NV provides better PID (positive identification).

Here's a pretty bad cell phone pic of a herd of axis. This is a $4,000 NV monocular, and you can see antlers. You could see spots if you used a 3X NV scope or better. Thermal may or may not show the antlers, depending on whether the axis are in velvet, and whether the antlers soaked up any radiant heat from the sun at the end of the day.

Comment

I get asked a lot about ATN and my thoughts. Hans and I decided it was time to discuss the topic on The Late Night Vision Show last week. You can check it out here or find it on any podcast app.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sBYUP6V_lY"]EP. # 41 | ATN OPTICS: DISCUSSION AND OUR HONEST OPINIONS!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
              I get asked a lot about ATN and my thoughts. Hans and I decided it was time to discuss the topic on The Late Night Vision Show last week. You can check it out here or find it on any podcast app.

EP. # 41 | ATN OPTICS: DISCUSSION AND OUR HONEST OPINIONS!!! - YouTube

Bout to get on the road from Billings, MT to Conrad, MT. 4.5 hrs of popcorn munching here I come!!![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Thermal hunting sure does cost me tons of sleep

Comment

Alright! y’all been to quiet down south, I was getting worried there for a second! Only thermal excitement I got lately has been a couple of Montanans wishing to shoot a ton of hogs in Texas (I might of sold it a little too much in my quest to defend hay fields [emoji16]) or coyotes up here. Why anyone would want to sit in -15° snow too pop a song dog is beyond me.

I heard our resident Guru was recognized for outstanding customer service by Pulsar. Congrats Jason, great too have a man of your caliber in our corner to help with all our nighttime hunting needs!

Comment

What's a good price for a used xq30? Saw one in a pawnshop today for $1500. May have to go take another look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                      What's a good price for a used xq30? Saw one in a pawnshop today for $1500. May have to go take another look at it.
                      XQ30 is only part of the model name. Give us the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        XQ30 is only part of the model name. Give us the rest.
                        Gotcha. I'll have to swing back by to get the rest. I just glanced and thought about it after

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

35Rem is right there is the Quantum Lite XQ30V monocular ($1,899), the Helion XQ30 monocular ($2,499), the Core RXQ30V rifle scope ($1,899) and Trail XQ30 rifle scope ($2,799). All but the Core RXQ30V have been discontinued. I suspect that’s the optic you saw. If it’s in good condition, $1,500 that’s not a bad price.

Just be aware used thermals do not carry the manufacturer’s warranty, no matter what someone tells you. There are some slight exceptions when it’s an authorized dealer selling a demo, open box etc. This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t buy used, but just like buying any used electronic item, buy it cheap enough that if it dies tomorrow it was worth the risk. There are lots of good used thermals out there just get a good price on it.

Comment

Hey Jason , I have a FLIR scout 320 right now how much better is the new pulsar Axium ? 30 or 38 ? Is it worth selling mine and upgrading when available ?
                            I know there's no comparison between my pulsar xq38 scope and the FLIR

Comment

Photos and trophies are impressive. Modern equipment of the weapon allows you to hunt a miracle!

Comment

Knocked down 4 this weekend. All but one were in complete darkness.
                                Love the pulsar unit Jason sold me last summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X