18" creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18" creedmoor

Anyone shooting one under 20"? How do you like it? Speed? Noise? Muzzle blast?

I just built 18 but I haven’t had much of a chance to shoot it. But I can say the noise and muzzle blast wasn’t bad. Keep an eye out ballistic advantage runs good deals on theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks

Comment

18" creedmoor

I have a 16.5" that I bought off here.

I like the feel and balance of the rifle with my light can mounted up, haven't chronied it yet.
        Kick feels right, not heavy, but not non existent either.

I do know my wife's 16" .260 unsuppressed will get your attention real quick.

Comment

I am no expert, but I much prefer a 16 or 18 inch 308 to a 6.5. In a 22 inch barrel though I like the CM

Comment

I have (2) 18”, one bolt action and the other AR-10. Love them! Keeps them manageable with a suppressor and still good velocity

Comment

Comment

I’d go longer. Makes an already slow round even slower. If you want short and trying to keep speed go with the 6 not the 6.5.

Comment

I've got an 18" but it's a .22 Creed.

Comment

I’ve got my at 16.5” but when you add the suppressor it moves back up to 22”. It makes the gun light and easy to maneuver. If you don’t run suppressed, it will be loud and really loud with a muzzle break.

Comment

18" creedmoor

I cut a Ruger Predator down to 18”. I’m also running a Sandman
                      Sierra 130 TGK - 2650fps
                      143 ELDX - 2500fps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had this built by SAC back around 2012. Didn’t keep it long, but put about 200 rds through it. With a 140 AMAX I was making 2625 fps if u recall correctly. It shot lights out, and was a step up from a 20” 308 for sure. Sold it because I didn’t care for the chassis once I started carrying it. Felt great prone, but sucked for maneuverability. I don’t have anything against a short 6.5, but I’d prefer a little more speed if possible.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the replies. It's at 22" now

Comment

I use my 16" for most ranch work. Devastating on axis, deer, and hogs. Muzzle blast and noise isn't noticeably different than it was at 22".

Anyone who advocates a Grendel at any length but thinks a 16" Creedmoor doesn't have enough oomph, I suggest they compare the ballistic tables.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                              I use my 16" for most ranch work. Devastating on axis, deer, and hogs. Muzzle blast and noise isn't noticeably different than it was at 22".

Anyone who advocates a Grendel at any length but thinks a 16" Creedmoor doesn't have enough oomph, I suggest they compare the ballistic tables.
                              Thanks. This would be for TX game

Comment

Working...
                              X