• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIFLES ONLY

599 County Road 2180 West

Kingsville, TX 78363

Comment

Aaron Roberts puts on a few courses a year. He emails out a schedule at if you get on his mailing list. I've never been to one but I really want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
        Aaron Roberts puts on a few courses a year. He emails out a schedule at if you get on his mailing list. I've never been to one but I really want to.
        If you are in the Houston area Aaron's course would be a great way to go. If you are feeling shy about it, let me know when he puts on his next course and I will go with you. He has built a rifle for me in the past and I am sure his course is great.

Comment

If you want to keep it local, give Suppressed Tactical Solutions a call...

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            If you want to keep it local, give Suppressed Tactical Solutions a call...
            I stopped by a few years back, those guys are good people friendly and knowledgeable. They even offered to sell my items at cost just to get into shooting comps. I totally forgot about them. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
              If you are in the Houston area Aaron's course would be a great way to go. If you are feeling shy about it, let me know when he puts on his next course and I will go with you. He has built a rifle for me in the past and I am sure his course is great.
              Link? I'd be interested....

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                I stopped by a few years back, those guys are good people friendly and knowledgeable. They even offered to sell my items at cost just to get into shooting comps. I totally forgot about them. Thanks
                They moved...over on 281 & Trenton across the hwy from academy. I’m an 01 ffl but they handle all my nfa needs. Great group of guys.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                  Not shy about going. I just haven’t made the time. I have at least one other buddy who’d go too. Maybe we should get a tbh group to do one of his courses.

I got on his mailing list after he did some work on my rifle. His website is pretty weak but he’s well known in precision rifle circles. I bet you could email him and ask to be put on his mailing list. I think he only sends out one email a year and that’s for his classes. They’re also affordable. Like $300 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                    Link? I'd be interested....
                    See post above.

Comment

Building my first precision rifle now. Looking forward to learning a lot more.

Comment

Jason Garvey, FiremanJG on Texas Hunting Forum. Great guy and great facility. 100 to 800 yard steel. You will be banging 800 yards steel before lunch! Facility is outside of Wolfe City which is NE of Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by illinibuckslayr View Post
                          Jason Garvey, FiremanJG on Texas Hunting Forum. Great guy and great facility. 100 to 800 yard steel. You will be banging 800 yards steel before lunch! Facility is outside of Wolfe City which is NE of Dallas.
                          I've been looking into his course. I'm not far, only about an hour or so. Thinking seriously about doing it later this spring/early summer.

Comment

Being a instructor for ETR for a location in AZ The videos are hit or miss in my opinion , some times they seemed to help the students other times it was a pia to get them to forget what they learned .. 1000-2000 range to engage targets from different locations , it is class room and then real world .

I feel that if you can find some on that is shooting now you should buddy up and learn a few things . The ETR is about the rig for sure but mother nature has a massive bag of tricks that come into play..

Shoot across a canyon with water in it , you can see the bullets vapor trail and watch it dip as it goes from dry hot air to heavy wet colder air .. .

Elevation and rate of increase on FPS . for short range stuff its not an issue but pick up 125 FPS on your round and then shoot at 1500 ... HA HA your spotter will call out the splash 12 high .

I miss being able to shoot ETR moving from AZ to TX . Good luck

Comment

Working...
                            X