Rifles only Precision course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifles only Precision course

Anyone on here taken a long range or precision course. Been looking at the Rifles Only courses. It’s somthing I would love to do in the future.

CMP (Charlie Mike Precision)

Comment

Know a few guys that have, and they speak very highly of the training they provide.

Comment

I haven’t taken a hands on course. I have bought all of the DVD’s that Todd Hodnett has done. Accuracy first is the business. They offer hands on courses, and I would love to go take them. If I was going to take a course it would be there no doubt. For a cheaper route these videos are fantastic with the info they provide.

Comment

I have a few of the videos I would recommend starting with them prior to booking a class. i personally have not been to any of the classes but I do know several LEO Swat guy's that have been.

Comment

Check out Clint at Thunder Ranch or any of the courses Altus/Core put on. Frank from Snipers Hide puts in a course as well. Several really good options. Ac in the shoot house is a must.. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

All joking aside, you may be better served finding a member that can shoot and meeting up at the range. After that you should know what you need to work on. Probably gonna be along the lines of flinching, natural poa, trigger control and then bragging on the net!

Comment

I'd recommend finding a good course to sure up the fundamentals of marksmanship. Once you have an idea of how to self diagnose any issues you will be much further ahead of the game. Lately with the gear options out there you can buy false skill. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                  All joking aside, you may be better served finding a member that can shoot and meeting up at the range. After that you should know what you need to work on. Probably gonna be along the lines of flinching, natural poa, trigger control and then bragging on the net!

That’s the truth.

OP, the fundamentals are the same, watch the tutorials gunwerks and long range pursuit have posted online and READ about bullets, how they fly, honing your reloading abilities, what a bipod actually does, recoil control, cheek weld, rifle torque, etc and join a range where you can shoot a grand. You don’t need an expensive course, just a good rifle with superb ammunition and lots of range time working on what you’ve learned in online videos.

Comment

Starr County, you are close to Jacob in Kingsville. I would reach out to him, explain your current situation and goals. See what he suggests.

BTW, I just bought a full custom rifle from the guys at CORE/Altus. They know what they are doin.

Comment

Find a local match and get to it. You’ll learn more meeting up with a few locals you can shoot with regularly, that know what they’re doing.

With about 20 minutes of instruction this weekend I had my wife call and nail a 457 yd head shot on a ISPC silhouette. Not bad for someone who’s never shot a bolt gun before. That’s roughly a 4x4” target.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                        Find a local match and get to it. You’ll learn more meeting up with a few locals you can shoot with regularly, that know what they’re doing.

With about 20 minutes of instruction this weekend I had my wife call and nail a 457 yd head shot on a ISPC silhouette. Not bad for someone who’s never shot a bolt gun before. That’s roughly a 4x4” target.

My little brother did this and in a very short amount of time he can shoot circles around me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There used to be a long range shooting course you could take in Kingsville. But haven't heard much about it anymore lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                            There used to be a long range shooting course you could take in Kingsville. But haven't heard much about it anymore lately.
                            That's Rifles Only

Comment

Tiger Valley

Comment

Working...
                              X