Form 4 Wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tanto View Post
    Ridiculous that it’s taking 10 months for a background check or ridiculous that I’m getting impatient?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ATF bureaucratic red tape crap that makes the process take son long. I’m just at 7 months and I’m impatient also.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy590 View Post
      The ATF bureaucratic red tape crap that makes the process take son long. I’m just at 7 months and I’m impatient also.

Ya, the process seems like it could be quicker. I’m sure they are thorough and for that I am grateful, but it seems like they could crank them out a little faster than they have been

Comment

Originally posted by makotex View Post
        I just called and they said pending background check. Anyone know how long that usually takes? They wouldn't give me an estimation
        Anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 months seems to be the norm right now. From what I have gathered, they run a quick check on you and if you get no hits, you pass and move back to the examiner for approval. If you get a hit for anything, not necessarily bad, just in their system for anything, you get put in the "we need to look deeper into this" pile. Them getting to that look at later pile has been taking up to 5 months recently. Then if they have to contact any local authorities on any history you may have in the system, that can take longer.

Comment

Originally posted by tanto View Post
          Ya, the process seems like it could be quicker. I’m sure they are thorough and for that I am grateful, but it seems like they could crank them out a little faster than they have been

They’re cranking out form 1s in 30 days! The process can’t take that long

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
            Anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 months seems to be the norm right now. From what I have gathered, they run a quick check on you and if you get no hits, you pass and move back to the examiner for approval. If you get a hit for anything, not necessarily bad, just in their system for anything, you get put in the "we need to look deeper into this" pile. Them getting to that look at later pile has been taking up to 5 months recently. Then if they have to contact any local authorities on any history you may have in the system, that can take longer.

I get delayed half the time when I buy a regular gun for some reason so I’m just gonna hit the snooze button for 5 months it sounds like

Comment

I’m torn on the gooberment shutdown. We need the wall but I need examiners to be working!

Comment

Got the call!

Picked up my second stamp today! Filed in late March of 2018, got the call on 12/26/18 to come pick up my stamp/suppressor on a trust with two people. Picked up a thunder chicken by Q. Went and picked up a Ruger American in 300blk, got it sighted in at 50. Hopefully going to shoot a buck or pig or three this weekend!

Jason Slocum

Comment

One of mine finally came in. Check cashed 4/20/18. Picked up suppressor 12/26/18

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                    One of mine finally came in. Check cashed 4/20/18. Picked up suppressor 12/26/18

Trust?

Comment

Yes.
                      I did the single shot trust through silencer shop

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
                      Trust?

Comment

Unintended consequences. Looks like we will be waiting a little longer.

Long wait times for all the fun things could get longer as a government shutdown drags on. (Photo: Chris Eger/Guns.com)A firearm trade group specializing in items such as suppressors, machine guns and short barreled rifles say the lapse in appropriations for some federal government operations is affecting paperwork.The National Firearms Act Trade & Collectors Association warned Thursday that the examiners assigned to the NFA Division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives “are deemed non-essential personnel and are not working during the shutdown.” While a “skeleton crew” is working Form 5’s for law enforcement and military transfers, and some electronic Form 3s, used to document transfers between FFLs, “There are currently no Form 4’s or Form 1’s being processed.”Form 1s are used to document newly made NFA firearms, such as converting a rifle to an SBR, while Form 4s are commonly used to document transfers from licensed dealers to buyersAccording to the ATF’s most recent commerce report, the agency processed 1,471,521 NFA forms in 2017 to include some 184,312 Form 4s and 40,444 Form 1s. It should be noted that the total was more than double 2010’s figures, a year which saw some 719,262 forms processed, as the popularity of items such as suppressors and short barreled rifles has skyrocketed in recent years.An agency of the Department of Justice, ATF’s contingency plans exempt agents in field divisions, Industry Operations Investigators who conduct compliance inspections on FFLs, and personnel involved with intelligence data on criminal investigations from furlough during a lapse in appropriations.Political pundits warn the current shutdown could run into the New Year.guns.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Check cashed in 1/5. If everything goes right I should have it by next deer season

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
                            Check cashed in 1/5. If everything goes right I should have it by next deer season

They aren’t processing during the shut down. Might be a little longer than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post

When did you submit?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                                When did you submit?

Two weeks ago

Comment

Working...
                                X