No announcement yet.

Turkey Dekes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know of a store that carries Dakota or DSD around San Antonio? Or only online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by makotex View Post
      Anybody know of a store that carries Dakota or DSD around San Antonio? Or only online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabelas...and i am pretty sure Bass Pro carry DSDs

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Helluva price on the Dakota pair on Amazon.

Dakota Decoy Turkey Decoy Breeder Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HXXK4A8..._ua-HCbCCVT2EG
        So, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on these. My hunting partner has a Bass Pro gift certificate burning a hole in his pocket and is going to get a DSD.

We share gear, so trying to not double up if its not necesessary as I see that most people recommend the 3/4 strut jake if you are only going to buy one.

Since we have a Dakota 3/4 strut jake and a hen that can be standing alert or breeding, what other decoy would you get? Feeding hen, leading hen, upright hen? Another 3/4 strut jake? a full strut jake?

He is probably just getting one DSD.

What say the green screen?

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
          So, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on these. My hunting partner has a Bass Pro gift certificate burning a hole in his pocket and is going to get a DSD.

We share gear, so trying to not double up if its not necesessary as I see that most people recommend the 3/4 strut jake if you are only going to buy one.

Since we have a Dakota 3/4 strut jake and a hen that can be standing alert or breeding, what other decoy would you get? Feeding hen, leading hen, upright hen? Another 3/4 strut jake? a full strut jake?

IMHO, you really don't need the hen if you are calling. Gobblers seem to ignore the hen dekes and go straight for the jake.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post

I would add the feeding hen.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
              IMHO, you really don't need the hen if you are calling. Gobblers seem to ignore the hen dekes and go straight for the jake.
              Well, we are both ****ty callers, so if there is something that can help out, that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
                I would add the feeding hen.

Agreed...

I have the 3/4" DSD jake, upright hen and feeding hen...

Adding the mating hen next year and probably the mating jake for a changeup.
                Last edited by Smart; 03-20-2019, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beards&Spurs View Post
                  I prefer setting up in such a way that decoys aren’t necessary and make the Tom come searching, but when hunting more open areas, they sometimes become necessary. If budget minded, get a flextone hen and the Dakota jake.
                  If you are using a shotty that's fine, if you are trying to cut their heads off get DSD's. Period

Comment

Got my Dakotas in today! Cmon weekend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axis FMJ View Post
                      Got my Dakotas in today! Cmon weekend!!
                      They told me I’d have mine by today, but tracking number says Tuesday! What do you think of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                        They told me I’d have mine by today, but tracking number says Tuesday! What do you think of them?
                        i think they look great. not as solid as the DSD's but real nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis FMJ View Post
                          i think they look great. not as solid as the DSD's but real nice.
                          Really good decoys for the price point. Killed a bird over my Dakota jake this past weekend. Good luck!

Comment

Turkey Dekes

Originally posted by WTN View Post
                            Really good decoys for the price point. Killed a bird over my Dakota jake this past weekend. Good luck!

Yup.. I agree. Even though I’m rolling with DSDs this year at a Dakota price point [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Yup.. I agree. Even though I’m rolling with DSDs this year at a Dakota price point [emoji23]
                              That's well played! It's been slow at my place so far.

Comment

I ordered a DSD 3/4 strut Jake. I just started turkey hunting in 2016, but man was it addicting. I really wanted to start off with some cheap decoys, but if I’m going to spend the money anyways, figured might as well go ahead and bite the bullet. I’ll be adding it to my flextone upright hen. With time I’d like to get all DSD’s but this should work for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X