JFT Turkey Tour 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    You south zone guys are some lucky summidges... 2 more weeks for us "across the tracks.."
    Exactly!! I hope they all choke on their diaphragm calls
    I’m joking....good luck to all the south zoners!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
      Exactly!! I hope they all choke on their diaphragm calls

I’m joking....good luck to all the south zoners!

[emoji3]

Comment

Decided not to mess with this wind and just setup in the morning.

Hopefully the birds haven’t changed their pattern.

Comment

Pretty quiet this evening. Heard one gobble a couple of times from the roost a half mile into neighboring property. I’m hoping something fires up closer in the morning. It’s gunna be a Hail Mary if there isn’t a closer bird come daybreak tomorrow.

Comment

Just got done talkin to PoPo and we have our plan for the mornin hunt.

We’re goin to try and get the loner Gobbler that we have been seeing. He is the first to hit the field but also the first to leave. After last Sunday’s hunt, I’m pretty sure he is an older bird that has been pushed out of the flock.

We’ll setup in the same spot but I’m goin with 2 feeder hens at about 5 yards. I’m hoping this setup will get him within 15 yards for a body shot.

If we don’t see the loner by 8:10 or so, I’ll crawl out, add the Jake and get ready to hunt the entire flock.

Sounds perfect, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
              Where ya headin?
              Just northwest of Fredericksburg. Found 2 gobblers today. And I checked at last light on a known roost and their were 6-7 gobblers that fired off on a owl call. Good idea where to try in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                Just northwest of Fredericksburg. Found 2 gobblers today. And I checked at last light on a known roost and their were 6-7 gobblers that fired off on a owl call. Good idea where to try in the morning.

Sounds promising!

I’d expect them to be loaded with hens right off the roost. Good luck!

Comment

We will see. Wednesday they were not there at all sounds like they are just getting going. Good luck to you as well!

Comment

Headin to popo’s for some coffee.

Need to leave his house by 5:30 to be setup by about 6:15

Good luck to everyone goin out and be safe!

Comment

Good luck ladies ... shoot straight!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Good luck ladies ... shoot straight!

Chelska didn’t come [emoji2371]

Comment

Beautiful morning to be out

They fired up a good 10 minutes earlier than last Sunday. They seem to be roosted in the same spot.

Hopefully our loner makes an appearance here in the next 30ish minutes

Comment

We already have birds on the ground. This could get good fast.

Wilson Co.

Comment

Good luck to everyone!! Didn’t make it out this morning.

Comment

I'm guessing Chels slept in?

Comment

Working...
                                X