• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
    Dirt or paved road?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Paved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The utility will probably do the work for you-- and will quote you ahead of time.

Comment

City of Dickinson is changing me 3k on a house I'm building

Comment

I had to bore under a creek for my water line. The guy charged me $1,500. That was his minimum.

Comment

Where is this located? Contact the water system. They should have you fill out an application for service and if like you say a bore is needed it will be a non-standard service. The water system will determine what will be required to provide you service and a cost to provide service. Once you pay the tap installation fee and other costs such as a bore required to provide you service the system will put you on a list to have the tap installed. Once you have paid to have the tap installed the time it take depends on how many taps they are putting in and the weather.

Comment

Thanks all for the replies

Comment

Boring will be cheaper than a well.

Comment

Yea talked to the water company. 3700 for a meter and 17.50 per foot for the bore.

Thanks!

Comment

17.50 a foot sounds reasonable....the 3700 for a meter sounds like your water company is as bad as ours. I can't understand the cost of a meter being so high.

Comment

I used to bore 2” lines under roads all the time for the phone company. All the equipment can be rented at ditchwitch and it’s easy to do. Just sayin. Is this a private road, county road or city?

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                        I used to bore 2” lines under roads all the time for the phone company. All the equipment can be rented at ditchwitch and it’s easy to do. Just sayin. Is this a private road, county road or city?

County road

Comment

I just had a meter set and it cost $250.00 I bought an existing water tap for $500 A new tap is $1500. My road is dirt... so they just trench and cover it up.

Comment

This is what I was going to do. County was going to charge a "membership fee" of $2500 plus new tap at $1500 and then $3500 to bore under the road.

My other option was just get a new meter for the tap that already goes to my place just coming from a different side and pipe is under road but meter is on other side of the road. But the cost for this is only $350 so that's the route I am going.

Comment

I have a well, and I'd take that any day over community water. I've had this well 25 years, it's given very little trouble, only a couple of pressure switches over the years.

Comment

Working...
                              X