Help planning south padre trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help planning south padre trip

We are heading to SPI end of March and staying during the week. 2 adults 35-43 in age and a yorkie.

Plan is too relax get some beach in and she wants to fish. (IDK if she is trying to speed up the engagement ring process or what?) but hey I’m down.

I have never been to SPI and nor has she. The rates at the 2 hotels are great and both dog friendly and it’s between the La Quinta and the Comfort Suites. The La Quinta looks closer to the beach by a block or so but it’s on the far north end and comfort inn is on the far south side. I have no idea where to fish on the island and which beach is better. So figured I would get some TBH help. Thanks

We got a guide (1/2 day) for the family once.
    Awesome trip. Family friendly guide was awesome
    Will look up the name of you are interested.

BP

Comment

we stay in the la copa its right across from the causeway and we set up our canopy directly on the beach from the motel been doing this for years and fish there too weve caught hardheads, whiting, pompano, trout and reds, small sharks and stingrays. my dad once caught a 4ft diameter stingray everyone coulnt believe we caught it where everyone was swimming we busted the barb off and let it go back into the surf

regaurdless of where your at id bet fishing is good so long as the surf cooperates with you

Comment

The La Quinta on North end looks nice. Beach is way less crowded up there. And you're close to where you can drive on the beach.

Fishing is good in summer, y'all may be a little early. Off the beach throwing crabs, mullet, shrimp will get you into some reds, blacks, throwing fish bites will get you Whiting.

Sea turtles rescue is close to that hotel cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you all

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Stay at the Wanna Wanna. Trust me. Hang out at the bayside bars for the sunset followed by fireworks on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

another option is pirates landing pier over the bridge in port isabel

Comment

I got a couple of kayaks you can borrow.

Comment

Stop by Harrys Bar

Comment

There is a restaurant there that will grill up your catch for a small fee. Don't remember the name though.

Comment

We have stayed at La Copa also and enjoyed it.

Comment

Blackbeards will do Parmesan Crusted/blackened/fried on any fish you catch. They bring you a plate with 2 sides, bread, salad and your fish. I believe $10.95pp
                          Guide services everywhere. They will charge anywhere from $350-500 1/2 day for 2 people. (956)244-4178 Ryan, is a guide down there. He puts you on trout, mangrove snapper, reds if they are biting. Bite is slow right now. If you bring some gear you don't mind loosing (weights and hooks), the jetties is always cool for a quick trip. Friday and saturday nights Claytons to hang out. Mid day is Wanna Wanna or Boomerang Billies.
                          Enjoy.

Comment

Wanna Wanna is awesome. No frills outdoor motel with a nice tiki bar and grill. Walk right out your door to the beach. Chairs, umbrellas and volleyball court.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The east side (surf side) of the island is where people normally go to go sit at the beach. The west side (bay side) of the island is where people for the most part launch their boats, waverunners, and wade fish. Theres a couple peirs for fishing before and after the queen isabela causeway. Theres also the jetties on the southern point of the island and several fishing charters throughout the island. Theres a bunch of restaurants, Blackbeards is a must and so is pirates landing in port isabel. I live about 40 min away from South padre. If you need help with anything let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X