No announcement yet.

Turkey Dekes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wait until your standard department store calls just don’t cut it for you any more and you’re loading your own TSS shells. When you get the turkey bug, it can get expensive in a hurry.
    Last edited by Beards&Spurs; 03-12-2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
      I like the Dakota decoys. You can get the jake direct from Dakota for $79 and hens for $69 with free shipping. I like that the metal stakes store inside the decoys.

http://www.dakotadecoy.com/store_turkey.htm
      Is the flocked back a good buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
        I need a pair of these to come with a new mule pro?

Comment

Are the dakota’s Made with similar material as the Dsd?

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
            I need a pair of these to come with a new mule pro?
            That’s some expensive decoys now!

Comment

Turkey Dekes

They are all flocked back now. Dakota’s and DSD... Just a little black fuzz on the back to make them seem more realistic.

Comment

Turkey Dekes

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                I'm about to spend 160$ on decoys to hunt birds I don't like to hunt...I hope you all are happy with yourselves..

I know you hate turkeys with a passion.[emoji23][emoji23]. But **** they are a fun thing to hunt when you hunt them
                away from feeders and in the spring, calling and watching them work. Sit back and watch the in your face show and call it fall season payback. Snoop will love it.

The more you kill in the spring the less you see in the fall when you hate them[emoji23]

Comment

I've called plenty in for other folks (I guess I've never shot one that I called in), and I'd be a ****ed liar if I said I didn't enjoy it. Just not something I care enough to do regularly.

But as you've figured out, this is all Snoop driven. I've never let him shoot one with a rifle. I've always told him that when he shoots his first turkey, it will be called in and with a shotgun. So he's keyed up and settin dead red to kill one this spring. As I tell him when it comes to baseball, or whatever else "if we're gonna do it, we're gonna do it all the way". So turkey decoys will be inbound shortly.....I'm sure it will be a yearly thing for him, and other kids at the lease ....and that's just fine. So good gear will not be wasted.

Thanks for the good info, men.

Comment

Scheels has their DSD's on sale for $15 off. Deception decoys are another higher end deeke worth looking at. I have the boss hen- she is looking over her shoulder. A unique pose that none of the other companies have incorporated
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      They are all flocked back now. Dakota’s and DSD... Just a little black fuzz on the back to make them seem more realistic.
                      Dakota has both the flocked back and standard Jake, $10 difference.

As for materials, the Dakota’s are molded, not inflatable like the Avian-X. I prefer this in a jake since normally you’ll be shooting near the jake and a stray pellet won’t hurt it.

Comment

As for materials, the Dakota’s are molded, not inflatable like the Avian-X. I prefer this in a jake since normally you’ll be shooting near the jake and a stray pellet won’t hurt it.
                        This is what I seen on their site as well

Comment

Hmmmmm I figured they went the DSD route and flocked all the jakes . Once I saw the flocked was available in Amazon last year when my hunting buddy bought the set I linked above in the Dakota I assumed there wasn’t another choice. Good I guess for those that want to spend $10 less but I’d pass on it for the flocked myself.

Comment

Turkey Dekes

Pretty sure the guy that asked knows that the Dakotas are molded. Or at least I assumed he did.

I think he was asking if it was as tough as the DSD that ClayW showed us that took a lot of his nephew’s pellet charge and still looked great. ClayW said others would not take it like the DSDs. It followed soon after that post anyway so I assumed that was the question.

Before I gifted my Dakota Jake to a buddy’s son and got DSDs, my Dakota jake had not met the demise of a shotgun blast or arrow puncture so I couldn’t answer him.

If he was just asking it it was molded, then disregard this post ..
                            Last edited by Smart; 03-13-2019, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I've called plenty in for other folks (I guess I've never shot one that I called in), and I'd be a ****ed liar if I said I didn't enjoy it. Just not something I care enough to do regularly.

But as you've figured out, this is all Snoop driven. I've never let him shoot one with a rifle. I've always told him that when he shoots his first turkey, it will be called in and with a shotgun. So he's keyed up and settin dead red to kill one this spring. As I tell him when it comes to baseball, or whatever else "if we're gonna do it, we're gonna do it all the way". So turkey decoys will be inbound shortly.....I'm sure it will be a yearly thing for him, and other kids at the lease ....and that's just fine. So good gear will not be wasted.

Thanks for the good info, men.
                              Good stuff!!!

Comment

That’s some expensive decoys now!
                                Tell you what... I will buy the mule and a trailer if the decoys come in the back

Comment

Working...
                                X