• Show
Clear All

Dream hunt !!! Congrats and good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

WOW!!! Congratulations that's epic

Comment

He may be up hunting right now.

I know some guys in the RMBS and they would have jumped at the chance to help you out, good luck on getting a great ram!

Comment

Way to go man. Christmas came early!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Roar View Post
            That is so exciting. Congrats! The place we hunt SW of Denver had a Governor's tag Ram killed off it last year. I saw this ram the previous year. Good Luck!

Yeah that ram is a gagger. I’d love to get one like that. I haven’t spoken to the landowner but I was told from another source that the trespass fee to set foot on that ranch and shoot a ram is STEEP. Like down payment on a decent little piece of real estate steep. I am in no way against trespass/lease fees but I’m not interested in paying dang near the same thing I’d pay to go hunt Dall sheep in the NWT or the Yukon. I’d fully expect to see pics coming out of that ranch with a big ram before the middle of September. That unit opens up at the end of the first week or shortly after the first week of September. The other Gov tag will go in on that private ranch and kill in the first day or two I would guess. Just a hunch.

Nothing but scouting so far. The folks associated with RMBS have been great. I went up for their gathering in July. Others have not been so great. No need to get into that on here. It won’t affect how I approach the hunt.

I’ve got quite a few folks that are keeping and eye out and doing some scouting. I’ve done some of my own. Have a lot of great leads on some really good rams. Unless we get our eyes on a massive (180”+) ram beforehand, we are leaning towards hunting the rut. Several great areas that hold some older big rams don’t have seasons that run into the rut and those rams stay hidden away until then. We have a solid game plan I think. Gonna keep looking and scouting but if nothing major turns up between now and the middle/end of November I’m not too worried. Really looking forward to getting up there and getting after them.

Comment

I bet you can find a great ram on public land and not have to pay an outfitter.
              Just my thoughts.
              The rut would be an amazing hunt. Weather may be quite interesting by then though.

Comment

Good luck! Looking forward to following along on this hunt of a lifetime!

Comment

Man that is awesome! I got excited just reading this thread...

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                  Yeah that ram is a gagger. I’d love to get one like that. I haven’t spoken to the landowner but I was told from another source that the trespass fee to set foot on that ranch and shoot a ram is STEEP. Like down payment on a decent little piece of real estate steep. I am in no way against trespass/lease fees but I’m not interested in paying dang near the same thing I’d pay to go hunt Dall sheep in the NWT or the Yukon. I’d fully expect to see pics coming out of that ranch with a big ram before the middle of September. That unit opens up at the end of the first week or shortly after the first week of September. The other Gov tag will go in on that private ranch and kill in the first day or two I would guess. Just a hunch.

Nothing but scouting so far. The folks associated with RMBS have been great. I went up for their gathering in July. Others have not been so great. No need to get into that on here. It won’t affect how I approach the hunt.

I’ve got quite a few folks that are keeping and eye out and doing some scouting. I’ve done some of my own. Have a lot of great leads on some really good rams. Unless we get our eyes on a massive (180”+) ram beforehand, we are leaning towards hunting the rut. Several great areas that hold some older big rams don’t have seasons that run into the rut and those rams stay hidden away until then. We have a solid game plan I think. Gonna keep looking and scouting but if nothing major turns up between now and the middle/end of November I’m not too worried. Really looking forward to getting up there and getting after them.

I like your style, screw that guy...

Comment

boom

Comment

oh snap. In!

Comment

Wow……congratulations!!!

Comment

Was hoping to see an update soon, then when this was on the feed I knew something good must have happened.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                              Just got a call that I won the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society raffle for the Colorado statewide Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep tag.

Still in shock

Probably won’t sleep tonight
                              ****. hate when these outta state guys win I'm kidding! Congrats and good luck!

Comment

Hope it's a biggun...

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X