Jalapeno Shake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jalapeno Shake

Not a milkshake.... Just some basic homemade powdered seasoning to kick everything up a notch.

Things you need:

20 jalapenos (or more if you want).

A dehydrator. You could probably get by with an oven as long as you take precautions not to cook the peppers (see oven jerky techniques)

A cheap coffee grinder, blender, or similar processor.

A new or donated shake/seasoning bottle.

This is in progress so I will update over the next day or so if necessary.

Wash and dry your Japs and quarter them. If you have a man bun or if you have a lumberjack beard but have never chopped wood, you will need to deseed them.

If you eat raw deer heart and butcher snared rabbits without a knife, leave the seeds.

Place in the dehydrator on 135 degrees. I had to spread out the trays on my badazz Excalibur dehydrator because of the height of the peppers. If you're using an oven... Go as low as you can with the temp and prop the door open with a wooden spoon.

For the love of God and sweet baby 8lb 9oz Jesus....do this outside in the garage or anywhere but inside the house. Especially if you do this with with ghost peppers. Don't ask me how I know.

I'm gonna check on them in about 6-7 hours. You want them to snap instead if bend before you pull them. You really can't over dry them... But you definitely want all moisture gone.

I will update later today. Can't wait to get shaking.

Will it unclog your sinuses?

Comment

My dad has made this before and it is so good! He gave me a shaker of it and I put it on every dish until I ran out

Comment

Sounds awesome hoss....bring some to Nanza!!! I bet it goes good with some peach shine! [emoji527]

Comment

Update? We need pics of the caliente

Comment

Still dehydrating. I guess I should have cut into 1/8ths.

Comment

Overlooked the part that said not a milkshake...it was terrible!

Comment

I've done the rabbit thing. 45 seconds and they are cleaned, hide and all.

I've also dried a ton of red cayenne peppers two years ago, from my garden. Then ground them up in my blender. The gas they give off while blending will cause you to choke your lungs out if your not careful. I bet it would be the same for jalapenos. So be careful.

Comment

Getting close... But still not dry enough.

Comment

Finished drying. Will grind this evening. You sure don't have much left after dehydrating.

But made room for the jerky.

Comment

Looks great. Does the jerky get enough air circulation with the paper under it? Does it make it take a lot longer to dehydrate?

Comment

My nose hairs are burning just from the pics [emoji30]

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                          Looks great. Does the jerky get enough air circulation with the paper under it? Does it make it take a lot longer to dehydrate?
                          It's a special reusable/cleanable sheet that came with the dehydrator. Makes for easy cleanup. But I do think it adds a considerable amount of time to the process. I will have to experiment.

Comment

I do exactly the same thing with both japs/serranos and habaneros. Good on lots of stuff.

Comment

Yes sir....I smoked mine for a couple hours prior to dehydrated them.

Comment

Working...
                              X