Conflicted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
    I vote for leaving it as is and let your son have son say-so with it.

Side note: 87 grain VMax in a 243 is an outstanding varmint round.
    No doubt. I'm just saying less muzzle blast, cheaper bullets etc. Don't need much to kill a yote or coon.

Comment

Another vote for leave it.

Comment

let it be

Comment

Leave it alone

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            Your father gave your son a rifle, leave it be.

It'd be akin to your grandfather giving you a '67 Ford Mustang GT350, bone stock, then you taking it and having 22" Rims and low-pro tires
            Bingeaux....close the thread!!![emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m in the leave it alone crowd. Plenty other guns to be tinkered with.

Comment

Leave it alone.

Comment

Let it be.

Comment

Have my grand dad 7mm weatherby magnum with an old red field scope. Cant bring myself to change the scope. It served him well for years....that gun is more a memory of him than a rifle now.

Comment

Handed down guns are something to appreciate as they were given to you. Leave as is and your son will have a neat rifle to hand down whens hes older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Handed down guns are one thing. Like someone else mentioned if it was purchased new for you I feel like there is some leeway there. My first rifle that was given to me by my dad doesn’t shoot quite the way that I would like it to so it gets a beefier better quality barrel and will remain as close to stock as possible.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Why thread it at all?

Comment

I’d do whatever the kid wants ... if somebody gives you something it is yours to do whatever you want with.

I’d rather give someone an item and them change whatever they wanted and then actually USE said item, rather than the item sitting in a corner because it wasn’t what they wanted. Clutter is stupid.

Comment

I think it depends on the circumstances. If your dad went to Academy and bought it for him as a gift, upgrading it wouldn't be that big of a deal IMO. If your dad gave one of his personal guns to your son, I'd keep it as is.

Comment

Updating a scope to something more useful, to keep a family gun in use is something I would do (unless it was mint).

Not sure I’d do any gunsmithing unless it was to fix something broken.

I have a 243 both of my sons have shot their first deer with. To me it’s a tool. I went to look at having the barrel threaded and because it didn’t have enough barrel it would have required having an adapter welded on in order to have enough shoulder to cut the threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X