2020 TBH/APR Final vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I do not read so well and would like to know what brand of stock is option 1.

Is that Mcmillan or AG?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
        Version 1 - I will say this, and its pretty much all personal preference...........but almost everyone who has come into the shop and picked up the prototype for option #1 has said WOW. It would have been sold 3 times that I know of if it was on the wall with the others. I went out of my way to get that monte carlo feature out of our stock design, but it just WORKS on the Game Hunter version. If I was voting, that'd be my pick for a hunter.

Version 2 - It's a great build, and pretty familiar territory since it will be sooooo close to what we did last year. It's not going to be light, but not too heavy either. It will likely balance and handle pretty good like last year's did. It's probably better suited to DBM set ups since it's more of a hybrid design. Probably not the one most are going to grab for a backcountry hunt at the weights the steel versions will hit.

Version 3 - I'm a little biased on this one, as I love the ergos on this stock. Can't really come up with anything about the rifle itself that isn't spot on for a pure hunting rig that runs right down the middle of traditional design line. As Black Ice pointed out though, it's not going to be the best discount of the 3 given where the price point already lives. You can already get a good deal on it almost any time.........unless you are going the McMillan route.
        I’m conflicted...

I think I want #3... is there any reason not to do it carbon/carbon in a 280AI? I also think in saw something in the planning thread about not using long actions on this particular set up, but maybe I misunderstood. Please advise on this setup as it’s what I really want, and have wanted for a long while.

I also like #1, I think it would be an awesome long range hunting rifle. Looking at it, screams 300wm to me. But, I don’t get to do a lot of long range hunting or shooting. So I like it, but I don’t really need it. But, as my wife says, it’s on sale!

Also... I would hate for folks to miss out on a “smoking” deal, because I voted for an option that only saves me a couple bucks. I guess I didn’t realize that carbon/carbon or a McWoody with a defiance action was so close to a maverick.
        Last edited by lungbuster1985; 12-17-2019, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
          Version 1 - I will say this, and its pretty much all personal preference...........but almost everyone who has come into the shop and picked up the prototype for option #1 has said WOW. It would have been sold 3 times that I know of if it was on the wall with the others. I went out of my way to get that monte carlo feature out of our stock design, but it just WORKS on the Game Hunter version. If I was voting, that'd be my pick for a hunter.

Version 2 - It's a great build, and pretty familiar territory since it will be sooooo close to what we did last year. It's not going to be light, but not too heavy either. It will likely balance and handle pretty good like last year's did. It's probably better suited to DBM set ups since it's more of a hybrid design. Probably not the one most are going to grab for a backcountry hunt at the weights the steel versions will hit.

Version 3 - I'm a little biased on this one, as I love the ergos on this stock. Can't really come up with anything about the rifle itself that isn't spot on for a pure hunting rig that runs right down the middle of traditional design line. As Black Ice pointed out though, it's not going to be the best discount of the 3 given where the price point already lives. You can already get a good deal on it almost any time.........unless you are going the McMillan route.
          Yep.

Some people are going to screw us out of a awesome potential build....

Comment

I shoot left handed but don’t like a left handed action would option 1 stock work for a left handed shooter?

Comment

Comment

Version 3 - I'm a little biased on this one, as I love the ergos on this stock. Can't really come up with anything about the rifle itself that isn't spot on for a pure hunting rig that runs right down the middle of traditional design line. As Black Ice pointed out though, it's not going to be the best discount of the 3 given where the price point already lives. You can already get a good deal on it almost any time.........unless you are going the McMillan route.[/QUOTE]

I'm not voting on the best discount, I'm voting on the rifle that, as a hunter, best suits me as a hunting rig.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                  I'm not voting on the best discount, I'm voting on the rifle that, as a hunter, best suits me as a hunting rig.[/QUOTE]

If you want it call them tomorrow and have them build you one, no need to vote for #3

Comment

Comment

Option 1 for me.

Comment

Option 1

Comment

Comment

Comment

Change to 1

Comment

Comment

Working...