Conflicted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conflicted

I've got a Featherweight .243 that Dad has given to my son. Awesome gun as it sits but I'd love to get it threaded and make it into a varmint gun with 55-60gr bullets. My son and I both shoot Creedmoors with YHM's on the front end, so larger game is covered.

Why am I feeling conflicted on having the .243 threaded?????

......grandpa did not give it to you. It is for your son and his decision .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

make sure you have enough meat when threading a fwt bbl...

Comment

Ask your son what he wants to do with it.

Comment

Not your gun

Comment

Would your grandson or great grandson want a can on it or just like it was when their great great grandpa used it? Leave it alone is my vote

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
              I've got a Featherweight .243 that Dad has given to my son. Awesome gun as it sits but I'd love to get it threaded and make it into a varmint gun with 55-60gr bullets. My son and I both shoot Creedmoors with YHM's on the front end, so larger game is covered.

Why am I feeling conflicted on having the .243 threaded?????
              Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              ......grandpa did not give it to you. It is for your son and his decision .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
              Ask your son what he wants to do with it.
              This is my vote. Also, 223 would be better varmint gun.

Comment

My grandpa gave me his 30.06. I've had multiple people tell me I should upgrade the optics and get rid of the original post sight that came with it, but I cant bring myself around to doing it. If it wasn't how Papa had it, it wont do. I was beyond p*ssed when I had to replace the scope rings because one of them broke. Some things are better off just left alone.

Comment

sounds like you need a therapist?

Comment

Originally posted by Thayden2 View Post
                    My grandpa gave me his 30.06. I've had multiple people tell me I should upgrade the optics and get rid of the original post sight that came with it, but I cant bring myself around to doing it. If it wasn't how Papa had it, it wont do. I was beyond p*ssed when I had to replace the scope rings because one of them broke. Some things are better off just left alone.
                    This, leave it how it is. I have several of my grandpas guns that will never get anything changed on them

Comment

If my grandfather gave me a brand new gun, then I might consider altering it. If he owned it and handed it down I don't think I'd touch it. I haven't altered any of my hand me down guns except for replacing a broken scope. Even that pained me greatly.

Comment

Leave it.

Comment

Your father gave your son a rifle, leave it be.

It'd be akin to your grandfather giving you a '67 Ford Mustang GT350, bone stock, then you taking it and having 22" Rims and low-pro tires

Comment

Thread it and shoot it !!! 243 65 or 75s dont mess with the 55 0r 60s.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                              This is my vote. Also, 223 would be better varmint gun.
                              I vote for leaving it as is and let your son have son say-so with it.

Side note: 87 grain VMax in a 243 is an outstanding varmint round.

Comment

Working...
                              X