Game camera question - Trigger speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game camera question - Trigger speed

I am looking at purchasing a new game camera. I noticed many of the Coverts have a 0.9 trigger speed, Browning has 0.2- 0.9 trigger speed. A split second is pretty fast so I was wondering what difference does it make?
    I know Cuddeback is famous for "center photo" images. Their TS is 0.25.

Is it possible to have TS that is too fast?

Which brand do y'all like? I hunt in areas that don't have cell phone signal, so I prefer to not waste money on the wireless-text-to-phone cameras. Budget is under $180
    Last edited by Pistol; 08-01-2020, 11:20 AM.

What's the application? Trigger speed helps for trails and passing by, not so much for feeders and food plots.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors.

Comment

I would rate quality and battery life over trigger speed every time. Even if it was .1 you would still get blurry shots of deer moving, deer backs, deer butts, tops of heads, etc. That’s just the way it is when you can’t say cheese

If you have a good deer coming into your setup, go with video if you can. That way you get to watch him for 15/20 seconds. For reasonable prices and long battery life, go Bushnell or Browning.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post

Is it possible to have TS that is too fast?
        I think so. A lot of times I get the nose or a front leg, but I’ll set mine up to get 2 or 3 shots. That way, I get to see the whole deer, but doesn’t always work that way. I set mine on trails or scrapes, no feeders cause the bucks I’m after don’t go to them anyway unless it’s dark.

Comment

Thanks, Squiggy. I usually hunt travel lanes and trails too. Which brand do you recommend?

Comment

I have a couple of Stealth’s, couple of Brownings, and a couple of Bushnell.

Comment

Oh, the Stealth’s are ok but they have a few years on them now. Can’t go wrong with a Browning or Bushnell. I had some others called brezzer or something like that. Had the same guts as a Bushnell but lost all of them in floods. All the cameras I’ve had, I paid under a 100 bucks for them and gotten years of service until they went under water.

Comment

Thanks again. I never had a Moultrie last less than 13 months or more than 14 months, so I appreciate the suggestions!

Comment

If I hang a camera on a trail, I try to put it up high enough that it’s out of sight and head on with the trail. But with that said, Some may laugh but ive had great luck with the 28$ Tasco cameras from wallmart. They have had great battery life and haven’t given me any trouble whatsoever.

Comment

It's more important not to have a bunch of pics of weeds and nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                      It's more important not to have a bunch of pics of weeds and nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                        Thanks again. I never had a Moultrie last less than 13 months or more than 14 months, so I appreciate the suggestions!
                        My son bought me one for Christmas 2 years ago. Hasn’t taken the first pic

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                          What's the application? Trigger speed helps for trails and passing by, not so much for feeders and food plots.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors.
                          This is on the money. My camera pointed at the feeder, speed is not a issue. My cameras on trails, I get pictures of the back end of deer, or nothing on a regular basis. There are times, I get pictures that there is nothing in the picture, but you can either see dust or the ground has fresh deep tracks or even deep fresh tracks and flying dirt. Where a deer bolted and ran, or just ran through, in front of the camera.

Comment

I just prepped 3 moultrie a series that are now going out on their 4th year...

Comment

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
                              I just prepped 3 moultrie a series that are now going out on their 4th year...
                              My mini cams are the original ones that Moultrie came out with. Have 3 still goin. Lol still have a old 6volt Moultrie that is still running strong from 06

Comment

Working...
                              X