No announcement yet.

2020 TBH youth rodeo season... Let’s make it Happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well think we left the rodeo about 3:30 am this morning. Believe it was almost 5am before we got in bed this morning. Hunter roped extremely well and won ribbons and got 2nd in breakaway. His tiedown calf didn’t run so he missed that one. Abbey knocked over a pole in the poles. Hunter was clean in the poles and got 2nd. Abbey won the barrels.

Great weekend of rodeo for the kids.

Have a open barrel race this next weekend. Then the CTYRA finals the following weekend. Life is good on the rodeo trail

Comment

I am really impressed and proud of Abbey and how she is overcoming her fears!! Heart of a champion. Hunter is doing awesome as well. This week we head to Sweetwater for the AJ finals. Are y’all going to JR high this year?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        I am really impressed and proud of Abbey and how she is overcoming her fears!! Heart of a champion. Hunter is doing awesome as well. This week we head to Sweetwater for the AJ finals. Are y’all going to JR high this year?
        We have not discussed the JR high yet. We will need to figure out what they are going to do concerning that soon.

Abbey has a lot of confidence in the horses she is riding right now. She goes in believing she can beat anyone. She is riding aggressive in the poles and barrels now. She has come a long way since breaking her arm. I am excited to see what she does at the CTYRA finals in two weeks in Hamilton. I told her to just go win the finals and treat it like it was a stand alone event.

Hunter is roping at a high level now and wanting to go to larger ropings. We shall see.

I hope they both just lay it all out for the finals. Our motto over the past few weeks is Go Be Great. No matter what happens they will know that they did their best.

One reason we are going to the open barrel race this weekend is that it is in Hamilton. She will get 4 runs on Cowboy in the barrels leading into the CT finals the next weekend.

Both kids have their eyes on the finals. Hope they do good. I am excited to see what happens

Comment

Well no rodeo for us this weekend. We are at a CTBRA event in Hamilton. Abbey is running barrels tonight and tomorrow on Cowboy. Hope they do well. We came over here for the barrel race because the kids are running next weekend at the CTYRA finals here in Hamilton. Get a couple more runs in the arena before the finals.

Good luck to all that are at the AJRA finals this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
            Well no rodeo for us this weekend. We are at a CTBRA event in Hamilton. Abbey is running barrels tonight and tomorrow on Cowboy. Hope they do well. We came over here for the barrel race because the kids are running next weekend at the CTYRA finals here in Hamilton. Get a couple more runs in the arena before the finals.

Good luck to all that are at the AJRA finals this weekend
            Your kids are doing great. Ride it like ya stole it this weekend Abbey.

Comment

We haven't been doing much other than learning breakaway roping. Sarah loves it and hopefully next month will be ready to start hitting a few local jackpots to try and put it all together. She caught her first calf Friday and then another on Wednesday. She said she wants to start hitting more rodeo's next year. Guess I am going to have to start putting in a lot of OT to keep her rolling every weekend next year. LOL

Comment

Riley and Gator had decent weekend. Didn’t win first but placed at both rodeos. What they did do today is figure out that 1st barrel pocket. Even though you may not win first you take the good and build upon it. To many times , as parents we harp on what they did wrong instead of praising what they did right.
                Congrats to Riley for making it back to Vegas. She has been doing great. Love watching the videos you post on facebook. Give her a high 5 for me.

Comment

Abbey had a solid run tonight. Will have to wait and see if she finishes in the money. Over 200 runs tonight. Over 400 racers in tomorrow’s race. A lot here
                  Last edited by aggie2000tx; 07-24-2020, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Well Abbey had a solid weekend at the CTBRA Summer Splash barrel race in Hamilton. She ran Cowboy as consistent as I have ever seen the two run. Friday night they ran a 17.05 and on Saturday night they ran a 17.02. She was .2 out of the money on Friday and Saturday on Cowboy in the Open barrel race. Sometimes the D format helps you and sometimes it doesn’t. She decided she wanted to run Socks today and so she ran a great time on her today. She ended winning money today but was .2 slower today than the previous 2 days. If she would have ran a 17.0 today she would have won in the open race. They ran good and she was happy with how they ran. Hope they run good at the CTYRA finals this next weekend in Hamilton. They will run on Thursday night in the first go and then Saturday morning for the 2nd go.

Comment

Well we had just a horrible AJ finals. Its the 2nd time in in 10 yrs she didn't make the short round. All water under the bridge. Now its time to get ready for the WCRA Open to the World Jr Rodeo in Guthrie. $500 entry and lots of added money.

Comment

Well we had just a horrible AJ finals. Its the 2nd time in in 10 yrs she didn't make the short round. All water under the bridge. Now its time to get ready for the WCRA Open to the World Jr Rodeo in Guthrie. $500 entry and lots of added money.
                        Riley will bounce back and come back stronger

Comment

Well we just pulled into Circle T in Hamilton for the CTYRA finals this evening. The fun starts at 7pm. Hope the kids have strong runs tonight. We come back on Saturday for the 2nd go. Told the kids to just GO BE GREAT and left it at that.

Comment

Well we just pulled into Circle T in Hamilton for the CTYRA finals this evening. The fun starts at 7pm. Hope the kids have strong runs tonight. We come back on Saturday for the 2nd go. Told the kids to just GO BE GREAT and left it at that.
                            Good luck guys!! And yes GO BE GREAT!!! And have fun

Comment

Well she ran a great time but knocked a pole over. It is impossible to win when you knock a pole over. 22. Something with 5 added for a 27 something. Hunter ran a 24 and kept them all standing. He is sitting 2nd

Comment

Well she ran a great time but knocked a pole over. It is impossible to win when you knock a pole over. 22. Something with 5 added for a 27 something. Hunter ran a 24 and kept them all standing. He is sitting 2nd
                                I can only remember when a knocked over pole landed in the money and that was during a monsoon. Brush it off and go to the next one.

Comment

Working...
                                X