Oregon hunting 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon hunting 2020

I figured I’d start another thread about this years hunting and fishing adventures. So far we have gotten out ocean fishing once and have gotten a few cameras up. We have 2 elk tags, 2-4 bear tags and 3 deer tags between us this year so we will see how it all plays out. I’ll try and post as regular as I can but figured I’d start a thread now as bear season opens up Saturday and fishing has been off the hook.
    The wife doubled up on some nice lingcod.

Spring turkey came and went far too fast but between our 6 tags and taking some newbies and friends out we finished the season with 13 birds on the ground. Here is a photo of some of the birds we got to be a part of.
    Then we have been focused on scouting a checking the cameras. So I’ll share some photos from so far.

Got my tree stand put in place and hoping some good luck comes my way. The wife is trying out a ground blind about 300 yards from my stand.
    I hope you all enjoy the adventure seeing some hunting in a different world almost on the west coast. Season starts the end of August for elk and deer and the Tuna are starting to show themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoyed the previous threads and bet this one will be no different.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      Enjoyed the previous threads and bet this one will be no different.

Thanks. I don’t get on here as much but wanted to try and do another one with all the craziness going on. I also enjoyed others adventures and being able to live through them when I have nothing going on.

Comment

I killed a black bear with my handgun about 45 miles north of Grants Pass in 2018 and going back for another August 2021! Some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen!!!
        Wish it wasn’t such a politically liberal place, or I’d consider relocating.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
          I killed a black bear with my handgun about 45 miles north of Grants Pass in 2018 and going back for another August 2021! Some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen!!!
          Wish it wasn’t such a politically liberal place, or I’d consider relocating.

Well the state as a whole is pretty conservative but you add those big cities and we all get canceled out. Who did you hunt with down south?

Comment

Killer pics! That turkey collage is what I'm talkin' about

Looking forward to following along. Good luck this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
              Well the state as a whole is pretty conservative but you add those big cities and we all get canceled out. Who did you hunt with down south?

A few years back I met a guy through work who lives in GP. He always wanted to kill a hog and I a bear. We made a deal to trade each other a hunt. Was weird picking him up at airport the first time, but we had an excellent hog hunt at my place that weekend and a great friendship began. We’ve hunted together over the last few years in TX, OR, and AZ. He’s has become one of my best friends. I go stay with him and he takes me out to a few of his honey holes. All I pay for is airfare and a license and he does the same when he comes here.

Comment

A few years back I met a guy through work who lives in GP. He always wanted to kill a hog and I a bear. We made a deal to trade each other a hunt. Was weird picking him up at airport the first time, but we had an excellent hog hunt at my place that weekend and a great friendship began. We’ve hunted together over the last few years in TX, OR, and AZ. He’s has become one of my best friends. I go stay with him and he takes me out to a few of his honey holes. All I pay for is airfare and a license and he does the same when he comes here.

That’s awesome! I have tried to do some trading with people but hasn’t panned out. The bear numbers have just exploded.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                  Killer pics! That turkey collage is what I'm talkin' about

Looking forward to following along. Good luck this year!

Thanks!

Comment

Awesome pictures!
                    What is that hanging out of the ling cod’s mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                      Awesome pictures!
                      What is that hanging out of the ling cod’s mouth?

Lamprey eel that it had been eating on. It spit it up once we got it on board.

Comment

Comment

Oregon Bear 2018

Comment

Oregon Bear 2018

Sweet! Congrats on it

Comment

Looks like heaven!! I look forward to following along.

Comment

Working...
                              X