2020 TBH youth rodeo season... Let’s make it Happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    Little bit of a tip for the kids and parents. Teach and preach to your kids to look and find your target, pocket and line. So many look and focus at the barrel they are approaching and turning . Trust your line and look up at your next line . If you look down at the barrel instinct is to go to it and more likely to hit it. Look up at where you got to be.

[ATTACH]1002523[/ATTACH]
    I preach this to Sarah constantly and one of the reasons she is able to compete on a smaller horse. She can run a cleaner tighter pattern when she does this and clock a faster time. That is some of the best advice you teach a youngster barrel racing.

The Blanco Rodeo Association meets next Tuesday to decide if we rodeo on the 17th or not. I will be voting yes and I have a feeling most will vote yes as well.

So plan on being at Yett Park on the 17th Trey.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
      I preach this to Sarah constantly and one of the reasons she is able to compete on a smaller horse. She can run a cleaner tighter pattern when she does this and clock a faster time. That is some of the best advice you teach a youngster barrel racing.

The Blanco Rodeo Association meets next Tuesday to decide if we rodeo on the 17th or not. I will be voting yes and I have a feeling most will vote yes as well.

So plan on being at Yett Park on the 17th Trey.
      It is one of those details that go unnoticed . Always look for that line and pocket!!

Comment

She started working off horseback yesterday and chasing a moving target. It isn't pretty yet, but she is moving in the right direction. she caught about 90% of her tries. Still needs lots of work, but I think she will be ready to at least rope the dummy at the upcoming church youth rodeo in a couple of months.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

She started working off horseback yesterday and chasing a moving target. It isn't pretty yet, but she is moving in the right direction. she caught about 90% of her tries. Still needs lots of work, but I think she will be ready to at least rope the dummy at the upcoming church youth rodeo in a couple of months.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

One of the best things we started doing was taking Riley over to Jackie Crawford's for lessons. She is so good with kids. Also wish we would have started Riley earlier roping. She got started about 3 yrs-4 yrs late.

Comment

One of the best things we started doing was taking Riley over to Jackie Crawford's for lessons. She is so good with kids. Also wish we would have started Riley earlier roping. She got started about 3 yrs-4 yrs late.
            Sarah is really loving roping......I can't wait to see her put it all together.

Comment

Really starting to Like Riley’s Colt she has raised. He has a good deposition, has a good head and is smart and picks up on things. He has been started on barrels , poles and breakaway and tracks cattle good. He shows the speed and agility needed for barrels and the cowsense for roping. Thinks she has found her future all-around horse which is a good thing

Click image for larger version

Name:	A4660FCE-C794-4D02-85F5-E12F246898EF.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	24617054

Comment

Well Abbey had a pretty good night at the Comanche Open Jackpot. She won money on both horses she ran. Super proud of the way she ran Cowboy tonight. She ran a new horse tonight called Socks that she has only ridden about 5 times and did well on the little mare.

There were 60 runs in the Open barrel race. There were over 140 runs counting the exhibitions. Decent turnout

We have decided that Buddy will be for sale soon. Looks like we will be looking for another horse soon

Comment

Here is a better look at what I mentioned earlier about looking up and finding your line after you’ve made the turn. It’s so important to look up and push. Keeping your head down slows you down and often will pull you over the top of the barrels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6FA60CD8-E58E-475A-B9E3-BE20DE633281.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	24617159

Comment

Really starting to Like Riley’s Colt she has raised. He has a good deposition, has a good head and is smart and picks up on things. He has been started on barrels , poles and breakaway and tracks cattle good. He shows the speed and agility needed for barrels and the cowsense for roping. Thinks she has found her future all-around horse which is a good thing

[ATTACH]1002904[/ATTACH]

That’s a nice looking boy for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                      That’s a nice looking boy for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      He really is. Built good and has quickness and speed and smart

Comment

We decide tonight if we are going to start the Blanco series back up this weekend or not. Sadly I will be voting no, but not due to not wanting to make it happen. With the chance of rain this week and all weekend I don't see the event happening either way. I think it is better to set a later date and not have to call it off at the last minute.

Comment

We decide tonight if we are going to start the Blanco series back up this weekend or not. Sadly I will be voting no, but not due to not wanting to make it happen. With the chance of rain this week and all weekend I don't see the event happening either way. I think it is better to set a later date and not have to call it off at the last minute.
                          I would have to Vote yes.. If it rains cancel it then.

Comment

Well looks like we are going to head to the open barrel race tonight in Stephenville at Lonestar Arena

Comment

I have to get back in rodeo shape. I am flat wore out. Barrel race on Tuesday in Stephenville. Barrel race last night in Comanche. Tonight headed to Evant for a junior rodeo.

Next week a 3 night junior rodeo starting on Thursday. And we will probably go back to Stephenville for the open barrel race on Tuesday again

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                                I have to get back in rodeo shape. I am flat wore out. Barrel race on Tuesday in Stephenville. Barrel race last night in Comanche. Tonight headed to Evant for a junior rodeo.

Next week a 3 night junior rodeo starting on Thursday. And we will probably go back to Stephenville for the open barrel race on Tuesday again
                                LOL tonight in Evant get ready to run tomorrow morning in the early hours!!! I like the heck out of Tommy but starting Jr Rodeos at 8:00pm is insane . This one is going to be am all-nighter. I am glad we don't go to those anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X