Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Fast forward 1 month. We bought 30 acres in a county with 9,500 people and no stoplights!

We laid out the location of the house today. This will be the view out the large windows in the living room, only floor will be approx 2 feet higher.

I met the husband and wife of a ranch participating in the block management program allowing hunter access.

I’m going scouting tomorrow, and I’ll be hunting elk and deer starting 1 mile from our land, going towards BLM and National Forest a couple miles away.

While I don’t have tags, there’s black bear, mountain lion and wolves in the area too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Living out a good life!

Comment

That's going to have a beautiful view, Bill! We fly into Bozeman, Thursday.

Comment

Just stumbled on this thread. Good luck with the house. We're planning to downsize. I want somewhere near public hunting land. Wife doesn't want to be cold. We may end up with a small place in the mountains and a small place on the coast.
        I never considered Montana, but seeing your pictures makes me think about it.

Comment

Congrats Bill. Don’t know if you remember me but you found a place for me to store a truck and trailer several years ago. Glad to see you have a new place and enjoying life.

Comment

As stated it’s going to be nice. Looks like all the planning is paying off.

Comment

Will look forward to pics of your build! Awesome view sir!

Comment

Taking a break scouting. Bumped a big mountain lion- the difference is we can shoot them unlike Cali. All I saw was a tan rump and loooong tail. No picture. My hand went for XD45 - with bear loads-and not camera.

Found this- some nice white tails here. The first “docoration’ on our land. A gold miner I met on a 1860’s gold claim next to BLM land gave me a place he sees a big one day.

Gold? The creek is loaded with gold flakes on the sand.

Comment

Happy for ya Bill. Enjoying the story. Keep it going brother.

Comment

Just great photos.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      We’re Montana land owners, deed recorded this afternoon.

Awesome , congrats

Comment

Living large!

Comment

Looking good, Bill, can’t wait to see the build/ hunting updates! My stepdaughter is RV camping in Montana now and says it’s the prettiest state she’s seen. Her pics don’t lie!

Comment

We spent Labor Day afternoon at the property, first time we were there for a sunset and took in the views. We can see 7 different mountain ranges, here’s sunset.

Comment

Enjoy it sir

Comment

Foundation being dug. We did not hit the granite boulders we were fearing. I have a hunting room in the house between the garage and kitchen for out of town hunting visitors.

I got into elk yesterday where the Rubies drops down at the left side of the picture. No shots but jumped a big 8 point white tail.

Comment

Working...
                                X