Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayer

Comment

I grab a beer, go out in the backyard, sit down on a concrete block and talk to my mother and father.

Comment

About two or three times a year I'll take a couple vacation days for myself and build something or go to the woods or I'll go swimming in forty Creek. Seems to help.

I'm actually on my second mental health day today. Building rabbit cages.

Comment

Say a prayer to God, say and repeat the Serenity prayer and then take my daily inventory.

Comment

Originally posted by Campbellroberts View Post
            Cut the hounds loose and go tree something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Heck yea! And try not to take it out on the dogs if they slick tree

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              About two or three times a year I'll take a couple vacation days for myself and build something or go to the woods or I'll go swimming in forty Creek. Seems to help.

I'm actually on my second mental health day today. Building rabbit cages.
              Good Luck Chew! Yall take care

Comment

I have a little bottle of sand that I brought back from Normandy. I only have to take a quick look at that and remember I am not having a bad day. Those guys were having a bad day.

Comment

Depending on what caused the bad day, physical activity can be very cathartic for me. I bought a sledgehammer and a splitting wedge, I’ve got some live oaks that have been standing dead for about ten years, those logs don’t want to split for nothing, I gave up on wooden tool handles after the third one broke. Hammer in my hands, some Skillet, Three Days Grace, and Disturbed in my ears, I always end up with some prime BBQ wood and a better perspective on the day.

Comment

I manage a med school morgue, I just walk into the place and thank God i'm still here above ground. I think of them and their families and know my day can't be worse than theirs. Everybody is dying to see me, a little funeral director humor for ya.

Comment

I used to drink it away but then you wake up with a headache and remember the day before, now it's put in the earphones crank up some Metallica and lay some copper to steel. Usually after 100 rounds you start to smile, the about 200 I get happy. Or I'll head to the ranch and get on the dozer and start digging a tank or fixing roads.

Comment

Thank God your alive to b___h about it and remember that you’ll get through it.

Comment

People say I am weird for this but I go for a good run. Usually the things I am mad about is beyond my control to a certain extent and in running you are only fighting against yourself which is calming to me.

Comment

gym, tbh, pray

I got some news today that I didn't want..

but, I still have it better than most. I try to stay thankful for what I have.

Comment

Working...
                            X