No announcement yet.

China. What The Heck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read where China has stopped selling over the counter cough and fever medicine as a way to "flush" out everyone with symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
      We do a lot of manufacturing in China and this is going to hurt a lot of retailers in terms of inventory and out of stock items. Workers for our factories aren’t being allowed to go back to the factory at this point and when they are allowed they will have to go through a 14-day quarantine so we are looking at another 3 weeks or so before they can back and start production.
      Yup just heard about the quarantine issue. Have a guy in the hospital waiting to see if he has the virus or not.

Comment

Can you imagine what happens if this gets in India or African countries with far less healthcare available.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
          I read where China has stopped selling over the counter cough and fever medicine as a way to "flush" out everyone with symptoms.
          I guess that is a innovative plan but also opens them up to every other type of flu.
          Originally posted by BrianL View Post
          Can you imagine what happens if this gets in India or African countries with far less healthcare available.
          It appears it is not as virulent as the SARS virus from a few years ago but it is proving to be more deadly. At least the Chinese are now accepting outside help on this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
            We do a lot of manufacturing in China and this is going to hurt a lot of retailers in terms of inventory and out of stock items. Workers for our factories aren’t being allowed to go back to the factory at this point and when they are allowed they will have to go through a 14-day quarantine so we are looking at another 3 weeks or so before they can back and start production.
            We were advised by our factories that the factory and employees must be tested before they can resume operations. If a person or factory tests positive, they (the entire staff) is quarantined for 14 days. After 14 days the process resumes with testing and quarantine. It could be well into March or almost the entire 1st qtr of lost production.

Luckily I am a holiday lighting company. I don’t need to be able to deliver product until late Q3 or Q4, but I’m not sure how they will handle the volume. I really feel for marketers who are out of or almost out of products and no influx to replenish.

But that’s the economic side. People are losing their lives and it may be a larger threat than we truly understand

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Saw video today of the Chinese military dragging people out of their homes by the arms or legs. I'm sure that any citizen deemed an enemy of the state got drug out and cremated.

Dam, thats sad. Wish they had a 2nd Amendment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                I believe it is in India already

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                  Maybe they will shut the phone call centers down for a while...

Only positive I could think of

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    Maybe they will shut the phone call centers down for a while...

Only positive I could think of
                    Then how am I going to know about my extended warranty opportunities???

Comment

Maybe they will lose all records of my “Lending Tree” catastrophe

Comment

I would assume that some of the people of China would rather stay home and try to survive than to let the gov't know they are sick. Certainly this would lead to much higher numbers than reported and a higher infection rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                          Then how am I going to know about my extended warranty opportunities???
                          Jeff the Pakastani from Kansas will be glad to assist you....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

Would be funnier if it said “Essential oil girls”

Comment

So, what became of those who got stateside with the virus? Did they die, or have they been cured? How many were there?

Comment

Working...
                                X