• Show
Clear All

[ATTACH]985502[/ATTACH]

One of the better bulls we found during the hunt

Comment

[ATTACH]985503[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]985504[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]985505[/ATTACH]

We spent a lot of time glassing. Aside from hiking that is about all we did the whole trip.

[ATTACH]985506[/ATTACH]

Click image for larger version

Name:	AC4AF25F-190C-45C9-99D2-B5030FFE151F.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	24603698

With just a couple days left I got a chance to stalk some cows and it ended up producing some meat.

[ATTACH]985507[/ATTACH]

On the last day with maybe an hour of light left my partner got a solid stalk on a couple bulls. He ended up being in just the right spot and got a shot. It was the coolest thing Ive ever seen to watch the stalk from start to finish with the bull going down about 10 yards from him. He couldnt have planned it better.

[ATTACH]985508[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]985509[/ATTACH]

This hunt had a 4% success rate last year so to say Im happy with the outcome would be a big understatement!
      Last edited by Felix40; 12-26-2019, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Man that’s awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post

This hunt had a 4% success rate last year so to say Im happy with the outcome would be a big understatement!
          This was a great year for size in 34. Guided for my friend in September. We saw some really big bulls.

Comment

Very cool, congrats to both you guys!

Comment

Wyoming apps coming in hot! Should draw this year, need to redeem myself from shooting over a big bull in 2018 with my longbow.

Comment

Man this is some great info. for someone looking into an elk hunt in the coming years!

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                  Wyoming apps coming in hot! Should draw this year, need to redeem myself from shooting over a big bull in 2018 with my longbow.
                  Need to start learning to string walk and gap shoot this year before your hunt

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                    Need to start learning to string walk and gap shoot this year before your hunt
                    Just wait until October and shoot them with a 7 mag!!! 👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                      Thanks bo I’ll be scratching to find someone, my buddy may make it but it’s looking more like a no than a yes. So I’m just going to plan accordingly i surely don’t want to drag someone along that’s only going to hinder me. If i can’t find someone I guess I’ll be investing in some sort of gps/text system. I’ve also kicked around a SAR AN MEDVAC plan for peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Me, my brother and my son are looking at 9/5 thru 9/12.

Looking good into SW Colorado. Welcome to talk it through and make it a bigger group...we are all rookies in the mountains but lifelong outdoorsmen. Our plan is to hike in and stay while carrying everything on our backs...when we come out it will be with elk meat

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                        Me, my brother and my son are looking at 9/5 thru 9/12.

Looking good into SW Colorado. Welcome to talk it through and make it a bigger group...we are all rookies in the mountains but lifelong outdoorsmen. Our plan is to hike in and stay while carrying everything on our backs...when we come out it will be with elk meat
                        Make sure you keep up with the new regulations. Many of those SW OTC archery units will no longer be OTC next fall.

Comment

I’m in for WY and AZ. I should draw WY this year or next and hopefully AZ in about 2 more years.

Comment

Sent in my Arizona yearly tithe. About to do the same for Utah and Nevada, as I have no hope in drawing the units I want yet. May try an OTC Colorado tag if I can’t draw NM this year.

Comment

Got my points in for Arizona elk and lope, going points in Colorado for deer elk and lope, Wyoming for deer elk and lope points in July, New Mexico for deer and elk tags, Montana for general elk

Comment

‘Tis the draw season!

I’m in on AZ elk and antelope. Will apply for Wyoming Elk/Deer/Antelope and may try to draw a hunt or two there next year with the changes in NonRes opportunities. Will do points in Colorado for elk/bear/pronghorn and going to try and draw a deer tag. Points for Montana deer/elk/antelope/archery antelope. Will apply for points again in Utah for Elk/Deer/Antelope/Both Sheep/Goat.

Comment

Working...
                                X