Originally posted by treenap View Post
    the one with the #2 pick this year.

lmfao!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      lmfao!!
      What up Skack!

Hope all is well.

About to grab a new crappie catcher. I'll holla and get your ***** on the lake soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TreeNap View Post
        What up Skack!

Hope all is well.

About to grab a new crappie catcher. I'll holla and get your ***** on the lake soon.

Niiiiice Gut! Sounds like a plan!

Comment

Hunter Greene in 2017, Ian Anderson and Riley Pint in 2016, Tyler Kolek in 2014, Kohl Stewart in 2013, Bundy in 2011.

These were top 5. It isn’t as rare as it once was.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
            Hunter Greene in 2017, Ian Anderson and Riley Pint in 2016, Tyler Kolek in 2014, Kohl Stewart in 2013, Bundy in 2011.

These were top 5. It isn’t as rare as it once was.
            Well done!

Except for Bundy (who was drafted last year before slot values were placed on picks), any of those guys proving their draft value?

I'll give you some grace period with Greene.

Comment

Well done!

Except for Bundy (who was drafted last year before slot values were placed on picks), any of those guys proving their draft value?

I'll give you some grace period with Greene.
              Anderson was up last year with the Braves at some point but can’t remember how he did. He and Pint are still pretty young. Tyler Kolek is a complete bust so far. I think the Twins got some bullpen innings out of Stewart last year.

Comment

Anderson was up last year with the Braves at some point but can’t remember how he did. He and Pint are still pretty young. Tyler Kolek is a complete bust so far. I think the Twins got some bullpen innings out of Stewart last year.
                Would you agree, not really what you are looking for with a top 5 pick?

In other words, my point in why HS RHP is considered high risk that high in the draft. The track record continues to prove it.

Comment

Comment

2020 College Baseball thread

It's getting close! We're headed down for the Weekend series versus the Pokes in March for the little mans Birthday. He's a big Austin Todd fan.

Comment

Would you agree, not really what you are looking for with a top 5 pick?

In other words, my point in why HS RHP is considered high risk that high in the draft. The track record continues to prove it.
                      I would certainly hope if I were drafting in the top 5 that there would be enough talent that a high school RHP wasn't in the top 5 on my board. But, with all the showcases and the statcast data, I think scouting of high school pitchers is not nearly the crap shoot it was even 10 years ago.

The player we were talking about, Jared Kelley, is not a prototypical 6'5" dude, so I doubt that he goes top 5 even without knowing anything about the talent in this year's draft. But, he is certainly good enough to get top 15 money somewhere in the draft and not sign with Texas. BA has him at 6th overall and the top high school player in the country.
                      Last edited by El General; 01-15-2020, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        My kid has played against Kelley during the tourneys and he is good. Very good mound presence and probably the best pitcher I have seen come out in years. Chances that he throws a baseball wearing burnt orange is slim at best.
                        He sits the #1 high school prospect coming out in 2020 for the Nation. That means he will be a top 2-3 pick and maybe #1 overall. So for him to throw at the college level he would have to turn down $6 million to $12 million.
                        Sounds like Kumar Rocker but his parents already have money and really wanted him to go to Vandy.

Comment

You guys must see some talent. I see nothing typical about a kid throwing upper 90s with good control and secondary pitches. I didn’t realize there were that many out there. He is really only one I’ve seen personally and it was at an Area Code event my kid went to. I just can’t see him going to college until after his baseball days. He will have a signing bonus thrown at him with 7 digits and a crooked number at the front.

Comment

2020 College Baseball thread

I would certainly hope if I were drafting in the top 5 that there would be enough talent that a high school RHP wasn't in the top 5 on my board. But, with all the showcases and the statcast data, I think scouting of high school pitchers is not nearly the crap shoot it was even 10 years ago.

The player we were talking about, Jared Kelley, is not a prototypical 6'5" dude, so I doubt that he goes top 5 even without knowing anything about the talent in this year's draft. But, he is certainly good enough to get top 15 money somewhere in the draft and not sign with Texas. BA has him at 6th overall and the top high school player in the country.

Spot on.

This kid is really good. Best I’ve seen since Bundy out of HS.

His change up may be his best pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Catcher.

Comment

Working...
                                X