Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
    *****! I told my wife I got a new sonar and her eyes glazed over....
    Yeah, mine has no clue. Of course, it helps that she is a flight attendant and isnt here much any more to see what gets delivered

Comment

Richland Chambers is not far from me! Depending on wrapping up the end of school year I may try to come out and get some lessons!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! I would get a guide and learn a little about the lake. It is huge. You will have nice south wind fishing down there. Not a lot of boat ramps on that side but no biggie.
        I know that lake is huge, comparable to a small bay system. I'll definitely take a guide or three for several species of fish before I even think of trekking out on my own. We have HOA boat ramp two minutes from the house!! We are way back in a cove, when the lake is full I'll have about 5' of water off my dock, but when it is low our cove kinda turns into a muddy creek that I could walk across.

No matter what, I'll know I'll have fun exploring that lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
          I know that lake is huge, comparable to a small bay system. I'll definitely take a guide or three for several species of fish before I even think of trekking out on my own. We have HOA boat ramp two minutes from the house!! We are way back in a cove, when the lake is full I'll have about 5' of water off my dock, but when it is low our cove kinda turns into a muddy creek that I could walk across.

No matter what, I'll know I'll have fun exploring that lake.
          I've been fishing that lake for over 25 years. Been going for a week in April for that long. It's a great catfish and hybrid lake too and it's full of speed Perch

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            I've been fishing that lake for over 25 years. Been going for a week in April for that long. It's a great catfish and hybrid lake too and it's full of speed Perch

Let me know when you got your April days planned and we'll meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Picked up the planer today. Thanks again !

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              You bet! Glad it found its new home. Love TBH express.

Comment

Does anyone kayak fish at the crappie trip?? I would love to get better at catching from the kayak!!!

Comment

Let me know when you got your April days planned and we'll meet up.
                  I will be there from the 24th - 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by cgny27 View Post
                    Does anyone kayak fish at the crappie trip?? I would love to get better at catching from the kayak!!!
                    Not that I remember, but it would be no problem. There is plenty of places to get out of the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                      TBH crappie fest for 2020 will be held at scenic Richland Chambers reservoir at Oak Cove Marina may 29th to 31st. They have 20 plus rooms left from $65/85 a night depending. Half are smoking rooms though so folks from Porter should feel welcome. They have a store there at the marina that sells bait. Breakfast and serves lunch. They have a patio area we can cook at and its located right next to the bridge so it won't be hard at all to get there to fish if you don't know anywhere else to go fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I am in and have a spot in my boat if Chew wants to come take fish off for my grandson

Comment

Im not on call but the kiddo is supposed to have a sporting clays shoot that weekend. Im trying to get him convinced to go. Sent him a text asking shooting or fishing. He replied....what am I fishing for, people or fish?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Im not on call but the kiddo is supposed to have a sporting clays shoot that weekend. Im trying to get him convinced to go. Sent him a text asking shooting or fishing. He replied....what am I fishing for, people or fish?
                          I'm already saved so I guess it will be fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            I'm already saved so I guess it will be fish.

I think that may have expired.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

following!

Comment

I plan to be there!

Comment

Working...
                                X