Jason Garrett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby Ferguson View Post
    They are gonna watch the Raider's pick a stud player with their top 5 pick they would have had. They could have used it to draft an actual qb. Only Jerry could do such a idiotic thing. I have said it since they started him. He's a back up qb plain and simple. They will never win with anything worth talking about with DAK. He misses wide open receivers running down the field. If it wasn't for the threat of Zeke and the o-line the last 2 years they would be the browns.

See my post above yours. There are no stud QBs popping out this next year.. It would have to be blind luck Brady type find and then if the Cowboys missed, folks like you and all the others would be bitching about them wasting their QB pick and 3 years of development on a spare. Right?

Better yet, who would you pick at QB next year?
    Last edited by Smart; 11-06-2018, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Fix the QB issue and you will see change!

Comment

As long as he’s making lots of money selling $10 beer, he’s not concerned about the team. He’s making a good living owning a loosing club.

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
          As long as he’s making lots of money selling $10 beer, he’s not concerned about the team. He’s making a good living owning a loosing club.

He's worth $5 billion......

A Super Bowl win would do more for his wealth than selling beer..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            See my post above yours. There are no stud QBs popping out this next year.. It would have to be blind luck Brady type find and then if the Cowboys missed, folks like you and all the others would be bitching about them wasting their QB pick and 3 years of development on a spare. Right?

Better yet, who would you pick at QB next year?
            There is a lot of luck that goes into picking a QB. When you don't have one you keep picking them until you do. The cowboys don't have one.
            Joe Montana was a 3rd round pic. Tom Brady a 6th. Aaron Rodgers number 24. Patrick Mahomes #10. All of these guys should have been the first pick in the draft based on their performance as pro's. I guess the draft experts saw it different.
            I can keep going but you go an keep pretending to be an expert. Maybe Jerry will give you a job.

Comment

There is a lot of luck that goes into picking a QB. When you don't have one you keep picking them until you do. The cowboys don't have one.
              Joe Montana was a 3rd round pic. Tom Brady a 6th. Aaron Rodgers number 24. Patrick Mahomes #10. All of these guys should have been the first pick in the draft based on their performance as pro's. I guess the draft experts saw it different.
              I can keep going but you go an keep pretending to be an expert. Maybe Jerry will give you a job.

LMAO.....based on your first post I was going to suggest you go apply....

Yet you just proved my point exactly with your luck comment...while bitching about them not using a first rounder on a QB.... Thank you for making it easy.

There is no doubt Dak is not the guy....but the general consensus (not mine) from the NFL draft guys is there is no sure fire QB this year like there has been in the past few drafts..... The Cowboys can throw **** up against the wall and appease folks like you and then waste three years in development and get called out for making a bad choice again....or they can wait til 2020 when its supposed to be a better pool.
              Last edited by Smart; 11-06-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

He's worth $5 billion......

A Super Bowl win would do more for his wealth than selling beer..
                My point was, him not winning a Super Bowl does not appear to be the most important thing in the world to him, maybe because he does have 5 billion. What radical or drastic changes has he made in attempting to win that title? Personally, I hope he never wins another game. Just don’t care for him. But don’t fault me for that. Remember this is a campfire discussion where everyone has an opinion.

Comment

Then again, One could look at all of this as KARMA for how he let Tom Landry Go...
                  Karma, spelled K A R M A, Pronounced, HAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                    My point was, him not winning a Super Bowl does not appear to be the most important thing in the world to him, maybe because he does have 5 billion. What radical or drastic changes has he made in attempting to win that title? Personally, I hope he never wins another game. Just don’t care for him. But don’t fault me for that. Remember this is a campfire discussion where everyone has an opinion.

I have posted my opinion three times in different threads so I'm just going to copy and post this again..

Originally Posted by Smart
                    You folks that say Jerry is just all about the money and not caring about winning, are out of your **** minds. Think about what kind of cash cow a Super Bowl win or two would bring the Cowboys' organization... You think the Patriots would be the second most valued franchise without all the Super Bowls? Hell no!

Jerry wants another Super Bowl with him and Stephen making the decisions. Jerry is the ultimate braggard! You can bet your *** he's doing whatever he can to win himself a Super Bowl before he dies....except stepping down and giving somebody else the credit. Its all about him doing it. Its a cruel catch 22 for us but it is what he is. More money is not going to give Jerry anything he doesn't already have at age 76...unless he could buy a fountain of youth. He's worth $5 billion!!!.. What else could please him more than a Super Bowl win with $5bil on the books? When you think about what he already has combined with his age, another Super Bowl would give him a million times the "value" personally in his life that any more made money would give him.

Jerry doing it his way with his handpicked coach. Does it make it right, no? But it has nothing to do with money. Jerry is 76 years old worth 5 billion. You think he’s gonna let a few million keep him
                    from winning a super bowl? That’s like a $100 bill to us.

If anything Jerry’s pride is more a detriment than his wallet.....and his pride with the Cowboys winning has nothing to do with dollars

Comment

LMAO.....based on your first post I was going to suggest you go apply....

Yet you just proved my point exactly with your luck comment...while bitching about them not using a first rounder on a QB.... Thank you for making it easy.

There is no doubt Dak is not the guy....but the general consensus (not mine) from the NFL draft guys is there is no sure fire QB this year like there has been in the past few drafts..... The Cowboys can throw **** up against the wall and appease folks like you and then waste three years in development and get called out for making a bad choice again....or they can wait til 2020 when its supposed to be a better pool.

You keep drafting qb's until you got one. They don't got one. Just my opinion. I'm not the TBH expert like you are about everything that has ever been.

Comment

You keep drafting qb's until you got one. They don't got one. Just my opinion. I'm not the TBH expert like you are about everything that has ever been.

Keep humping that expert angle.... Ad hominems are weak. Google that if you need to.

QB is a 3 year development process minimum ....right? You just don't draft a 1st or 2nd round QB every year due to cost and you just don't take a crapshoot that high either. Which is why I believe they wait until 2020..

Comment

I think Jerry & Garrett are doing a great job!

Jerry should give Garrett a 5-10 year extension!

Comment

It’ll likely be 2020 before we have the opportunity to take a stud QB. Even if we had kept our 2019 1st rounder, I’ve heard the talent pool at QB is subpar. Doesn’t make sense to use that pick on a QB that isn’t going to be the guy anyways.

Cooper is a big improvement to our receiving corp. I’m not sure I love the trade but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                              I think Jerry & Garrett are doing a great job!

Jerry should give Garrett a 5-10 year extension!
                              Sir, please put down the crack pipe

Comment

The general consensus is that the QB and receiver class this next year is kinda weak....with the Cowboys leaning toward receiver in the first round, Amari was not a bad take early.. And Amari was not bad last night.. I'm still good with the trade if getting a No 1 receiver with that pick was the endgame like the Cowboys front office said. They just did it 6 months early

The top QB is the guy from Oregon, Justin Herbert, who has been called a Brock Osweiler starter kit. I think the Cowboys keep Dak for $500K through his 5th year and then shoot for a QB in 2020.
                                Ok, stepping off the ledge. Good point, but we still need to see how Amari works out. Joey Galloway debacle still stings.

Like the Browns?!

Comment

Working...
                                X