Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let’s be honest. Why do you really hunt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love looking at big, dead bucks on my wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
      The places it takes me, the people I meet and the food on my plate.
      Yep

Comment

Fun outdoor activity, I can do with my kids, buddies, or solo! I has become a part of who I am over the years, cant imagine, not hunting.

Comment

Decompression from everything else...

Comment

Cause it's fun!!

Comment

Because I love it, want to, and its my top hobby

Comment

For me, time in the woods is the best place for me to unplug and recharge. I don't think about work, or other BS, just focus on the woods.

As far as hunting, there's a big difference to me in just spending time outside vs hunting. There's something fundamentally different about hunting vs just being in nature. When you're part of the food chain, it taps into something primal and more authentic.

Comment

Let’s be honest. Why do you really hunt.

Since we are being honest, I like killing and eating animals. Antlers/Horns are just a side benefit to me.

I would like to sit here and say I enjoy getting in the woods and there is some truth to that but realistically I can do that at my house; feeder, blind and all.

Now if I could find a lease without all the drama that seems to come with them I would like to get on another one. But with the prices, drama, unrealistic expectations that seem to come along with them I don’t see myself on a lease in Texas unless I am able to do it only good friends. Otherwise I’ll kill a couple at my house, day leases and hopefully some out of state.

Hunting Texas especially on leases has given me a jaded view of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Last edited by Mike D; 09-27-2021, 12:29 PM.

Comment

The adrenaline rush, being in the outdoors with my family, and shooting stuff is fun. I like being sneaky. I love cold mornings. The meat is good, but I don't hunt for food, it's just the bonus. Hell, I love duck hunting, and I don't eat any of those nasty *******s.

Comment

For me, i just enjoy unplugging. I enjoy sitting in stand watching animals, i enjoy time spent at camp. As i have gotten older the hunting part is not the primary driver, i just enjoy unplugging. Since i am retired, i get to spend a good amt of time at the lease. I still enjoy taking a nice animal, but if i don't, i still have fun. I enjoy getting to take the grandkids a couple times a year.

Comment

I have questioned this many times before. Hunting is a way of life. It slows down the hustle and bustle of normal day of life. Sitting in a stand at the break of dawn and seeing all the animals start showing up, its my church. It's my time I talk with God. I love the process in hunting. The kill is truly secondary now. I love sitting up stands, placing cameras, improving the land. I need that part more than I need the harvest. I do enjoy the meat. It makes me happy to see other try, taste and enjoy what mother nature and God provide us.

Comment

Hunting is an adrenaline inducing method to be a participant in nature. I have seen and experienced lots of neat stuff even avid non-hunting nature enthusiasts rarely do. Slowing down and being quite and hunting is a more effective way of wildlife viewing than going on a hike in the woods.

The adrenaline rush from being a predator is different than just killing an animal. Slaughtering and eating a few of your backyard chickens isn't the same as chasing bugles in a wilderness area and sealing the deal on a wild animal.

Comment

Just got back from Colorado a few days ago, on 3 different occasions I was so close to a bugling bull I thought my heart was gonna pop out my chest hunt whitetail in Mex to chase the good ole days and I still enjoy being over there

Comment

I hunt to get out of the city. For me it is no longer about getting something on the ground. Some of my most memorible hunting experiences has been putting someone else on a deer.

Comment

Same reason I fish. Get outdoors and re-center. The result is secondary to the action...at this point I don't even care if I catch or kill, its an automatic win if I'm sitting in a stand or on the water

Comment

Working...
                                X