Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let’s be honest. Why do you really hunt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the preparations as much as any of it…

Comment

If I had to break it down to one thing, it’s because I have not yet found anything that gives me the same rush that I get immediately before I pull the trigger or let an arrow fly at a big game animal. Nothing.

Everything else that comes along with hunting; the solitude, nature, food, camaraderie, etc are all important and I enjoy all those aspects, but in the end I hunt game because I get an extreme rush out of it.

Comment

For me, it's about getting away from the hustle and bustle of life, to enjoy nature, the quiet, clearing my mind, and remembering the hunting trips I was able to take with my grandfather...i could honestly care less if I shoot anything or not

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

Smiles and memories

Comment

Even though he is still with us he does not get to hunt with me as much. Sitting in the woods as the world wakes up makes me think of my father and all the memories I have with him in the outdoors

Comment

For me it is the primal feeling of being the predator hunting something. I do love the campfires, beer and laughter but nothing compares to the “hunt” for me. I could do it 365 days a year if I didn’t have to be responsible and adult the rest of the time.

Comment

For food.

Comment

I just like to watch **** die.

Comment

Because my dad took me every chance he could, from the time I was 5. We always had a great time at the lease. We didn’t see eye to eye for the longest time as I was growing up, but we always clicked when we were hunting together. I thank him for our time spent in the South Texas brush country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Actually, when I was on a lease, I looked forward to the preparation, as others have said; getting my stand(s) and feeders ready for opening day, working at the lease in 110* heat , the camaraderie with my hunting buddies, the campfires, the steaks, the jokes, the sunrises, watching the wild game, the pranks…the whole enchilada.

Comment

It's my DNA. Hunters are born, not made. I hunt for the challenge and to rebalance my life.

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm the happiest and most care free either in the woods or on the water.

Comment

I hunt for the adrenaline rush. When any deer comes out it feels like someone punches me in the chest as hard as they can then my heart starts pumping 200 beats per second. Biggest rush I have ever had and I tried cocaine in my youth.

Comment

I’ve enjoyed reading all of the responses and it seems that the most common denominator is just simple therapy. The opertunity to clear your mind and turn the cell phones off.

Comment

Man honestly… family time. That’s some of the most quality family time I get is in the woods.

Comment

Working...
                                X