Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to seeing what Texas puts out on the field on Saturday. Saturday was good to get some confidence back and put Rice away early. The new South End Zone is pretty awesome and the crowd was really good considering the product Texas put on the field a couple of weeks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      Time to kick off conference play, we had planned last Fall to go down this weekend but my SIL decided to get married. All good, H and I will hopefully make it down for the Pokes game.

Texas will host Tech this weekend. Texas is currently -10 for this game. There are issues in the trenches, but they actually look pretty good when they stick to Zone. We'll see how it goes.

The RB stable is deeper than expected, Texas has 5 RB's that can get the job done and they all saw the field last week. There is also a quick little WR emerging as a primary target.
      I saw that Jonathan Brooks got some action and scored a TD. I'm happy for the local kid. He has incredible balance and by all accounts is a really good kid.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
        Don’t we normally do one? I’m good for one week. Not real confident.
        Sounds good to me. One week it is. TCU has a weak link at CB. One of the starters is out and the 3rd string guy is horrific. Lot of offensive weapons, but the QB is NOT accurate

Comment

Should be a good litmus test for the Ags this week. Calzada looked like the game slowed down for him some and our defense is still playing outstanding. O-line is suspect at best and gives me concern. Not just for this game, but for the season.

Regardless of the quality of the programs in a given season, this game at Jerry’s World has been a tight contest. The last 7 years it’s gone to OT 3 times and been a 1 score finish 5/7.

This game has been played 77 times with the first meeting in 1903. Longest win streak by either team is 9 games.

A&M pushes their win streak to 10 on Saturday. Defense forces 2+ turnovers including a defensive score. Smith pops a special teams TD. Pressure off Calzada and he game manages to a 10 point victory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I suspected the SEC Shorts crew might take a jab at SEC officiating this week. They were spot on. What an embarrassment...and not only in the PSU/Auburn game.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4kA1dCWwJc"]SEC Shorts - SEC referee Take Your Daughter to Work Day - YouTube[/ame]
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Glad to see Texas bounce back convincingly against a Rice team that played Arky well. After we **** the bed against Arky, I thought Rice was going to be a slightly tougher matchup. On to Tech and hopefully smoke some tortillas throwing arses. No dove hunting this week...so I get to watch live..

Aggie defense gonna get their first real defensive test this week.....Minnesota shut out their previous biggest test in Colorado on Sat 30-0 so its gonna be interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                I saw that Jonathan Brooks got some action and scored a TD. I'm happy for the local kid. He has incredible balance and by all accounts is a really good kid.
                Yes sir, he had 9 carries for 63 yards and a TD, he looked good. 4 RB's found the end zone, the 5th was on the brink, but came up just short late in the 4th.

It is good to see these kids get some work, we haven't seen the depth get much work over the last few years.

Comment

All the reports have Texas being VERY high on him. I think he has impressed them more than they thought. In a very stacked RB room, he is making them pay attention to him and earn time on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Glad to see Texas bounce back convincingly against a Rice team that played Arky well. After we **** the bed against Arky, I thought Rice was going to be a slightly tougher matchup. On to Tech and hopefully smoke some tortillas throwing arses. No dove hunting this week...so I get to watch live..

Aggie defense gonna get their first real defensive test this week.....Minnesota shut out their previous biggest test in Colorado on Sat 30-0 so its gonna be interesting..
                    That was a classic case of letting a dominant team beat you twice.
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

I suspected the SEC Shorts crew might take a jab at SEC officiating this week. They were spot on. What an embarrassment...and not only in the PSU/Auburn game.

SEC Shorts - SEC referee Take Your Daughter to Work Day - YouTube

LMAO!! That was great!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        Sounds good to me. One week it is. TCU has a weak link at CB. One of the starters is out and the 3rd string guy is horrific. Lot of offensive weapons, but the QB is NOT accurate
                        Hard to tell about us. Haven’t played anybody really. Mordaci leads the world in passing TD’s (16) and our offense is pretty salty but defense has struggled. Secondary is really weak.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                          Should be a good litmus test for the Ags this week. Calzada looked like the game slowed down for him some and our defense is still playing outstanding. O-line is suspect at best and gives me concern. Not just for this game, but for the season.

Regardless of the quality of the programs in a given season, this game at Jerry’s World has been a tight contest. The last 7 years it’s gone to OT 3 times and been a 1 score finish 5/7.

This game has been played 77 times with the first meeting in 1903. Longest win streak by either team is 9 games.

A&M pushes their win streak to 10 on Saturday. Defense forces 2+ turnovers including a defensive score. Smith pops a special teams TD. Pressure off Calzada and he game manages to a 10 point victory.

Why even play the game now? You just told us the whole story.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            Why even play the game now? You just told us the whole story.

LOL. Just making my prediction for the game. I hope the story I wrote is true, but we’ll see Saturday afternoon.

Comment

I was going to head to Tempe for the CO game Saturday. After the garbage product I have seen this year, worse than prior years, not sure I will make the trip this year. Life got in the way also. I don't know if the coaching staff can get these issues ironed out. Hoping for a few good games on TV

Comment

To achieve the goals this team has, the offensive line will have to improve. They can't win the conference solely with defense. I do believe the unit will improve. Hopefully before it's too late.
                                I've watched all of the Aggie games (married to 1 and raised 3) but missed the Horns Sat, didn't realize YouTube tv doesn't have LHN until kickoff time, should have known, BOB told me streaming tv sux...

Think the Ags have what they need OL wise but they have yet to all be on the field together. 55, 61, 64, & 76 will all play on many Sundays and 74 will most likely. 64 was a liability against CO with whatever injury he has, prior to that I would say he was the 2nd best OL on the team. If he's back to 100% and 76 plays, I think they go from below average to slightly above with the opportunity to be pretty good WHEN they gel. 53 was a huge liability Sat, he killed 4 drives. They lose to Arky if he's the starter this week, can't imagine that he will be unless he has some goat/lamb related stories on the ol coach, they do after all live in college station.

Comment

Working...
                                X