No announcement yet.

I Hate Asking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killed this one last Thursday night right behind the house here at home.

Rick
    Attached Files

Comment

Don't hold me to this, but I am talking to my mother in law (owner of the farm) about taking a few bow hunters over there.

It would only be a "one hunter at a time" type thing. There will be no accommodations (meals / lodging), and it will be hunting from a popup blind over a feeder.

If she decides to do it, I'll have to be there with the hunter the whole time.
      Just waiting on her to approve it, and on how much she wants to charge if she does.

Any suggestion on price?

Rick

Comment

A dollar a pound plus $100 a day hunt fee.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
          That is weird. They are all over us on the farm only a mile from you. I killed three over there night before last, including this boar.

Sorry, not a bow kill. Picture simply for reference.

Rick
          I haven't been in 6 weeks. The other guys have gone and killed a few at water at dusk and with thermals.
          Personally I want to shoot them with my bow. And they had been scarce at feeders except after dark. Like 11pm to 4am dark.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            I haven't been in 6 weeks. The other guys have gone and killed a few at water at dusk and with thermals.
            Personally I want to shoot them with my bow. And they had been scarce at feeders except after dark. Like 11pm to 4am dark.

When I was over there night before last, I probably could have got more shots (and lots of them) with the bow, than I did with the rifle, but I would have to have been walking around in the skeeters to do it. Not worth it to me.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
              When I was over there night before last, I probably could have got more shots (and lots of them) with the bow, than I did with the rifle, but I would have to have been walking around in the skeeters to do it. Not worth it to me.

Rick
              I need to make a day trip this weekend to fill water troughs but I wont be able to get a weekend down there until after the fourth of July weekend. I need to bait a couple of tripod set ups when I'm there. Love Krivoman blinds but they definitely aren't a summertime setup. [emoji29]

Comment

Working...
              X