No announcement yet.

Luxury SUV Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to trade in the wife’s LX570 which has been a great car without a single problem. However, the interior and electronics are pretty dated at this point. The 570 is actually in the shop right now because I launched a deer with it at 80 mph, and my wife is driving a new loaner Expedition.

I have one of the new Mercedes GLS 580 on order, but now she’s saying she really likes the expedition due to the size and large fuel tank. So... the Mercedes might get canceled. I can’t really see her being happy with a Ford long term but we might go look at the Navigator.

Comment

Land Cruiser

Comment

Curt,
        We have the qx80 as well and I like it much better than the lexus we had before. That being said, they are releasing a new one in 2020 I think so it should be even better. The current one is way behind in the tech department even compared to my f250.

Look hard at the new Lincolns. My dad liked his rover. BMW has a new x7 I hear is nice. But she really deserves that new Urus.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like it might be a good idea to just stay with Infiniti. I bet you can find a great deal as their sales are getting hammered. QX80 sales were down 50% last month and that was only like their third or fourth worst performing model.

Comment

Yep, Infiniti or the land cruiser if I was buying a a lux suv. Lexus lx570 are super nice and reliable but some of the tech is typical toyota.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I know all the car publications have great reviews and awards to the Volvo XC90.

Comment

Hope ya find something.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-20-2019, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Range Rover

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                    I know all the car publications have great reviews and awards to the Volvo XC90.
                    Those look very nice

Comment

My wife has been driving a new Lincoln Navigator for a year. She loves it, and I actually enjoy driving it. I would look into them for sure!

Comment

Take a look at Tesla. The model X is their SUV. No experience there. But I got to drive a model S hatchback recently and the cargo space with rear seats folded down is nuts. Room for two adults to sleep in the car (with ample battery to run the A/C all night). Plus cargo space under the hood.

2.4 second 0-60 is nice as well.
                        Last edited by 30-30; 10-20-2019, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                          Curt,
                          We have the qx80 as well and I like it much better than the lexus we had before. That being said, they are releasing a new one in 2020 I think so it should be even better. The current one is way behind in the tech department even compared to my f250.

Look hard at the new Lincolns. My dad liked his rover. BMW has a new x7 I hear is nice. But she really deserves that new Urus.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                          She does deserve a Urus. But, she probably should have married someone that would buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                            When I think "luxury", the Bentayga or G63 come to mind.
                            When I think of people not allowed to discuss vehicles with my wife, MadHatter comes to mind.

Comment

Hennessey 1,000-hp jeep trackhawk

Comment

I'm certainly not a connoisseur on the finer things in life but we rented a 2019 Lincoln Navigator for some work related training out of town and that thing was super nice and drove like a dream.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X