Buying my first suppressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    These should be over the counter purchases. It's a shame it takes so long.
    This

Comment

Just finished my purchase at capital Armory in Austin they made the process very easy and my brother and I both picked up SilencerCo hybrid 46 cans, I’m already ready for my next one lol.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
          I got the green light to pull the trigger on my first suppressor. Tomorrow I’ll be going up to Austin and buying a SilencerCo hybrid 46! It’s going to be a long wait to get it!

Anyone have a hybrid? I’ll be suppressing a .458 socom.

I bought the Crux ARK46 instead. MUCH lighter and just as versatile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

just forget you ever bought it. wait times are 12-14 months for trusts. bought mine in April and it looks like it will be april next year or later before i see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7X View Post
              Form 1 a homebuilt and have approval in approx 30 days right now.
              This is an interesting idea. If I had a machinist to help with it, I’d go this route

Comment

Originally posted by jharp View Post
                I just cant bring myself to shell out the cash and then have to wait 6-12 months to shoot with it.
                You guys should keep waiting until one day when the wait isn't so long. Then you can get one.

#NotLogic

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                  You guys should keep waiting until one day when the wait isn't so long. Then you can get one.

#NotLogic

Yep. Nothing is going to change any time soon. If you want one just saddle up and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Yep. Nothing is going to change any time soon. If you want one just saddle up and wait.

Yep. Otherwise it’s a year later and you still don’t have one, nor do you have one in the works.

Comment

I got the green light to pull the trigger on my first suppressor. Tomorrow I’ll be going up to Austin and buying a SilencerCo hybrid 46! It’s going to be a long wait to get it!

Anyone have a hybrid? I’ll be suppressing a .458 socom.
                      I have two of them. Switch them between several rifles. Latest is a 450 Bushmaster SBR. This is my swine slaying rig.
                      Yeah the wait times are atrocious, but the sooner you start the sooner it will be over with. hopefully you will have it next hunting season.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                        I have two of them. Switch them between several rifles. Latest is a 450 Bushmaster SBR. This is my swine slaying rig.
                        Yeah the wait times are atrocious, but the sooner you start the sooner it will be over with. hopefully you will have it next hunting season.
                        How does it sound on the 450? Have you been happy with it overall? How is it on 556/223 and 308?

Comment

Originally posted by jharp View Post
                          I just cant bring myself to shell out the cash and then have to wait 6-12 months to shoot with it.
                          Find you a good redneck dealer with a range. Most will let you at least shoot your can while it's in jail. I do that all the time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Buying my first suppressor

How does it sound on the 450? Have you been happy with it overall? How is it on 556/223 and 308?

I can’t speak for the Hybrid but I’m gonna say the Crux is not hearing safe. It is the only can I own that still rings my ears without hearing protection. I don’t know if that’s the nature of big bore cans but it’s still pretty loud. None of my other cans ring my ears including 2 other Crux cans I own.

Comment

Exactly. You can buy then over the counter in most European countries. Even the ones with much more strenuous gun laws. Problem is, the government ain't giving that free 200 bones back for nothin.
                              It's just a stinking muffler...

Comment

As good as on my 300 blackout if not better. I dont need ear plugs with it, and thrusts my main purpose for it. Hate my ears ringing. In the stand when I shoot. Haven't shot any subs through it yet, but I'm confident that the loudest part with subs will be the action cycling. If you're anywhere near Lufkin. You're welcome to come shoot mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X