Boot Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canny View Post
    Schnees pac boot...done. They have a wool liner that’s removable and they can be rebuilt if you wear them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
      Wearing through soles isn’t a warranty issue. I get about a year on any Vibram sole regardless which MFG glues it on. Hanwag, Zamberlan, lowa, schnees/Gronells, owned them all, all mountain soles last the same.

Now glue coming off is an issue assuming you didn’t heat them up to dry them out
      Im with you. Out of those which do you like best?

Going on an antelope hunt in 2020 and looking for something comfortable to walk in. But want waterproof for dew, shallow creeks etc

Comment

I have had a pair of Irish Setters for several years and love them

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter_2 View Post
          I think the biggest thing people screw up on is getting too warm of boots or too thick of a sock and their feet sweat causing them to get colder. I know this isn't what your post is asking for but something to keep in mind.
          yep, I learned it the hard way, started using thinner dry wool socks and my feet started staying warm

Comment

Danner

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Im with you. Out of those which do you like best?

Going on an antelope hunt in 2020 and looking for something comfortable to walk in. But want waterproof for dew, shallow creeks etc
              Hanwag lasts fits “me” really well. I prefer non water proof membrane boots so I run the Yukon, W/green superfeet insoles. The waterproof lined version is the Alaskan.

I can’t atleast to your feet liking or hating them but can to build quality. Between 2 pairs I have resole 6 times, I think I have another resole left on these, before leather finally wears thin.

I wear them all year. I pair them with foreverlast snake gaurd shield when antelope hunting. Cooler then my snake boots and more comfortable while walking miles

The best oh craap insurance is a tube of blk 3m 5200. Fix just about any shoe/boot related issue

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                Danner. Only boots you will ever need.
                Yup!

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                  Danner. Only boots you will ever need.
                  Do they still leak like they use too or did they fix that problem? I stopped wearing them several years ago after buying two pair that leaked on day one.

Comment

Lowa Renegades.

Put a few hundred miles on them this summer then took them to WY for an elk hunt and they’ve held up great. We walked in snow most of the time there, even stepped into a creek, and my feet were always warm and dry with a wool sock and a liner.

Comment

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
                      How is this rubber sole and lower hold up? Thanks
                      Schnees and Kennetek pac boots are second to none, but pretty much over kill south of the panhandle. Riding feedlot pens in Jan they are the only thing that works but the get toasty hiking. The bottoms are rebuildable. They do flex a lot but not as much as say Sorel’s do

Comment

Texans42 has given some good info.
                        The best thing I ever did for my feet was to stop buying boots at “hunting” stores. Look at what boots are being worn by mountain trekkers, packers, hikers, climbers. Most of them don’t wear anything from Cabelas or BP.
                        Everyone’s foot is different. What I consider to be a great boot, may not fit you very well at all. I’ve found that most all of the Lowa boots fit my foot well. I have 4 different pairs depending on what terrain I’m in. I throw in a pair of the blue superfeet and I’m good for miles. For colder temps, I wear the same boots, but I’ll add a silk liner sock and a wool/smart wool sock over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                          Hanwag lasts fits “me” really well. I prefer non water proof membrane boots so I run the Yukon, W/green superfeet insoles. The waterproof lined version is the Alaskan.

I can’t atleast to your feet liking or hating them but can to build quality. Between 2 pairs I have resole 6 times, I think I have another resole left on these, before leather finally wears thin.

I wear them all year. I pair them with foreverlast snake gaurd shield when antelope hunting. Cooler then my snake boots and more comfortable while walking miles

The best oh craap insurance is a tube of blk 3m 5200. Fix just about any shoe/boot related issue
                          preciate the feedback!!

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                          Texans42 has given some good info.
                          The best thing I ever did for my feet was to stop buying boots at “hunting” stores. Look at what boots are being worn by mountain trekkers, packers, hikers, climbers. Most of them don’t wear anything from Cabelas or BP.
                          Everyone’s foot is different. What I consider to be a great boot, may not fit you very well at all. I’ve found that most all of the Lowa boots fit my foot well. I have 4 different pairs depending on what terrain I’m in. I throw in a pair of the blue superfeet and I’m good for miles. For colder temps, I wear the same boots, but I’ll add a silk liner sock and a wool/smart wool sock over it.

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                          Do they still leak like they use too or did they fix that problem? I stopped wearing them several years ago after buying two pair that leaked on day one.

Kinda where Im at on danners. Ive had 5 or 6 pairs. 2 hunting boots. One of which I still wear. However, they are strictly a hunting boot for cold weather and get wore maybe 10 times a year. They are stored inside when not on my feet. Seams are coming apart already and they aint that old. And forget hiking any distance in them

The other danner boots I wore on patrol 40+ hours a week. The only boot they made that last was the acadia.

Ive since switched to merell for work and been very happy

Im ready for something with a little quality than danner which like Trevor said aint at Bass pro

Crispis and schnees are the front runners for me at the moment
                          Last edited by Quackerbox; 11-12-2019, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                            And fall apart under 200 miles!!!

I will never understand the love for their Chinese junk. Portland hipster culture has destroyed that company

Comment

Look at Salewa Boots they have a 100% blister guarantee. That is all I've worn in the mountains the past two years and wear them to work nearly all the time. I have the Salewa Mountain Trainers.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                                Lowa Renegades.

Put a few hundred miles on them this summer then took them to WY for an elk hunt and they’ve held up great. We walked in snow most of the time there, even stepped into a creek, and my feet were always warm and dry with a wool sock and a liner.
                                Tried these on yesterday after owning my Lowa Zypher for years. Broke 2 lace rings on 2 different boots. Ended up with a soloman boot. They feel pretty good. I’ll report back in a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X