Investing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    If you really have millions of dollars in ARWR then that's at least 70,000 shares so who cares about $1,000 You're up $70,000 today!
    True! But, hey, a thousand bucks is a thousand bucks.

Comment

Lookie there: Since I first posted about ARWR, on August 4, it is up about 14%. And that in the face of an overall tank of the market.
      Just sayin'.
      P.S. ARWR is just getting started. Also, you might consider searching for bioboyscout. He put out a research paper on ARWR this week. It'll cost you a hundred bucks, but if you don't know how to research a company yourself, it might be a good place to start. (I have no connection to BBS and have not bought his research report - I don't need it.)

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
        Lookie there: Since I first posted about ARWR, on August 4, it is up about 14%. And that in the face of an overall tank of the market.
        Just sayin'.
        P.S. ARWR is just getting started. Also, you might consider searching for bioboyscout. He put out a research paper on ARWR this week. It'll cost you a hundred bucks, but if you don't know how to research a company yourself, it might be a good place to start. (I have no connection to BBS and have not bought his research report - I don't need it.)

I did a little preliminary research after your initial post. I had a little money in my Robinhood account. I’m up about 12%.

Comment

ECL stock over the last 6 yrs has been good to me, but I might be a little biased considering I work for them.[emoji6]

Could be a good opportunity or a really bad one with it splitting early next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
            I did a little preliminary research after your initial post. I had a little money in my Robinhood account. I’m up about 12%.
            Well, now! That makes me happy! Good for you!
            (BTW, I like light beers - Coors Light, Bud Light, Shiner Light Blonde, Dos Equis. Just sayin'.)

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
              Luck & timing when short term investing. I personally wouldn’t play the market short term. Mutual fund investing long term is spreading the risk and focus on long term gains down the road as you near retirement age. Good luck
              When I first started in '82 my advisor said timing the market is a near-guaranteed losing strategy. Get in, stay in and increase whenever you can----dollar cost averaging has worked for me with zero worries on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

I'm not invested on AGRX - IMO it's as sure of a short term trade one can make leading up to the FDA decision.

It would be a gamble to buy and hold AGRX for a long trade..I agree. Even if they get approval I have no idea where it will trade

Agrx is having a good day.

Comment

I just looked on my American Funds. since initial investment 11/2017 I am at 5.25%. This year to date I am at 14.59%. I am happy enough

Plus I got some money in a Savings account I can withdrawl at anytime making 2.49%

Comment

Originally posted by phoneman View Post
                    I have been in the market 2 years now. Im up 4% which is horrible. I have found my problem is that i don't know when to sale. My strategy is buy and hold good companies, w good balance sheets. The only thing is I hold to long and let all my gains evaporate. Is there anyone on the green screen that has good experience, that would like to share their knowledge?
                    My investing expertise is in multi-family residential real estate. A buddy I went to college with handles my stock market portfolio. He runs an Edward Jones office. PM if you want his contact info. He sent me a text that my portfolio is up 22% since Jan 1 of this year (of course it took a dip last December).

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
                      Well, now! That makes me happy! Good for you!
                      (BTW, I like light beers - Coors Light, Bud Light, Shiner Light Blonde, Dos Equis. Just sayin'.)
                      So, what tune you singing now?

You owe him a case. It’s down 16.64% in 1 week.... TIME TO BUY!
                      Last edited by 12RingKing; 09-09-2019, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                        So, what tune you singing now?

You owe him a case. It’s down 16.64% in 1 week.... TIME TO BUY!

Haha. I’m only down 4%. I can’t complain, it’s play money. I believe it will bounce back within a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
                          Haha. I’m only down 4%. I can’t complain, it’s play money. I believe it will bounce back within a week or so.
                          a little "play money" went in today ... time will tell if it was an opportunity or a trap ....

Comment

ARWR down 24.29% this past month

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                              ARWR down 24.29% this past month

It hasn’t been a pretty month but there has been zero bad news put out to drive the price down. If anything, only great news has been released. There are several conferences and presentations scheduled this month that should shed light on how their program is progressing. This pullback didn’t scare me one bit and I’ve been invested since before the crash a couple years ago. But to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My guy is with Edwards Jones in Round Rock. He makes me money so I am happy. I just wish I would have invested 20 years ago. He has clients from all over the state by the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X