Investing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
    Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals (ARWR). Only stock I own. Lowest price I bought at was $1.50. Highest I have bought was at $25.00. It is just getting started. Once in a lifetime opportunity. Will be $1000 in five years - conservatively (barring an economic collapse). I have millions in it. Do your own due diligence. Feel free to ask me questions.
    Yes, I get the skepticism. It would be highly unlikely that I would make a stock purchase base upon someone's recommendation on an internet thread. I doubt anyone on here will even look at ARWR, let alone invest in it. Doing so would be foolish - if based solely on my recommendation.
    Never the less, here's what I really believe:
    ARWR will become the next Amgen-like pharmaceutical company and will be worth thousands per share.
    Crazy, huh?!
    I follow bios a lot. The issue is you can find posts like yours on about half the bio stocks. They all read nearly identical to what you're saying. And if/when a big trial fails the poster is no where to be found. For the one in 20 that does great there will be a "I told you so! it was sooo obvious"

This is why I never post on bio stocks unless I can explain why it may rocket up. And I say what may cause it to tank.

Like right now I'm in pretty heavy into AGRX - This is their 3rd try to get FDA approval and I'm 80% sure they get it this time in November. They just sold shares to raise money so no more risk of that. So I expect the stock to run over the next 3 months to around $2. I just don't see much downside unless they get negative comments at their ADCOM in late October.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      I follow bios a lot. The issue is you can find posts like yours on about half the bio stocks. They all read nearly identical to what you're saying. And if/when a big trial fails the poster is no where to be found. For the one in 20 that does great there will be a "I told you so! it was sooo obvious"

This is why I never post on bio stocks unless I can explain why it may rocket up. And I say what may cause it to tank.

Like right now I'm in pretty heavy into AGRX - This is their 3rd try to get FDA approval and I'm 80% sure they get it this time in November. They just sold shares to raise money so no more risk of that. So I expect the stock to run over the next 3 months to around $2. I just don't see much downside unless they get negative comments at their ADCOM in late October.
      You're right: Most drug candidates fail. I'm not trying to convince anyone on here to buy ARWR. It would be foolish for anyone to invest in a stock simply because they read about it on an internet thread.
      Among many others, here are a few reasons I am invested in ARWR and why it's the only stock I own:
      1. It is already known that a previous version of their Hepatitis B drug worked; it has already produced Functional Cures in patients with Hep B. It is just a matter of time before the newest, more improved version, that has been bought by JNJ(!!!) and for which ARWR will receive mid-teen royalties (read: billions) - it's just a matter of time before the new version is shown to produce FCs.
      2. It's already known that ARWR's wholly-owned, other-leading candidate does half of what it's supposed to do - stop liver production of AAT - and it does so without any side effects. The other thing it needs to be shown to do - reverse liver fibrosis - has been shown to happen in animal models. There is no treatment for this disease - Alpha 1 Antitrypsin disease.

Both of these drugs, if approved, will make this a $500 per share stock EASILY. And they have, at least, six, other candidates in the pipeline (that we know about!), with the company's intention to introduce 2-to-3 new drugs, per year for the foreseeable future. And once the first two are approved, the dominoes will start to fall: THIS IS NOT A SMALL MOLECULE DRUG COMPANY. It is a drug PLATFORM company. And there are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of diseases that can be treated with this platform - everything from infectious diseases, to cardiovascular disease, to cancer, to cystic fibrosis. And with the new, Trump FDA, drug approval is being facilitated, not impaired.

I could go on and on.

They had a great conference call, yesterday, after which Piper Jaffray increased their price target to $50. Fifty is NOTHING.

Do your own due diligence.

Comment

You're right: Most drug candidates fail. I'm not trying to convince anyone on here to buy ARWR. It would be foolish for anyone to invest in a stock simply because they read about it on an internet thread.
        Among many others, here are a few reasons I am invested in ARWR and why it's the only stock I own:
        1. It is already known that a previous version of their Hepatitis B drug worked; it has already produced Functional Cures in patients with Hep B. It is just a matter of time before the newest, more improved version, that has been bought by JNJ(!!!) and for which ARWR will receive mid-teen royalties (read: billions) - it's just a matter of time before the new version is shown to produce FCs.
        2. It's already known that ARWR's wholly-owned, other-leading candidate does half of what it's supposed to do - stop liver production of AAT - and it does so without any side effects. The other thing it needs to be shown to do - reverse liver fibrosis - has been shown to happen in animal models. There is no treatment for this disease - Alpha 1 Antitrypsin disease.

Both of these drugs, if approved, will make this a $500 per share stock EASILY. And they have, at least, six, other candidates in the pipeline (that we know about!), with the company's intention to introduce 2-to-3 new drugs, per year for the foreseeable future. And once the first two are approved, the dominoes will start to fall: THIS IS NOT A SMALL MOLECULE DRUG COMPANY. It is a drug PLATFORM company. And there are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of diseases that can be treated with this platform - everything from infectious diseases, to cardiovascular disease, to cancer, to cystic fibrosis. And with the new, Trump FDA, drug approval is being facilitated, not impaired.

I could go on and on.

They had a great conference call, yesterday, after which Piper Jaffray increased their price target to $50. Fifty is NOTHING.

Do your own due diligence.
        Heck, I already own waaay more than I need, but I knew that yesterday's drop, with the overall market, would be short-lived; so I bought another thousand shares at 27.50. And we've already traded above 29, this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          I'm not intending to be rude, here. I am sure you are a smart guy and a savvy investor. But AGRX is too risky, for me. And that's coming from a guy who has all of his eggs in one basket. In my mind, investing in AGRX is gambling. Yes, yes, ARWR is a gamble, too. But I think ARWR is as sure a thing one can get in the stock market; and certainly less risky than AGRX.

I hope Twirla gets approved, for you. Good luck.

Comment

I'm not intending to be rude, here. I am sure you are a smart guy and a savvy investor. But AGRX is too risky, for me. And that's coming from a guy who has all of his eggs in one basket. In my mind, investing in AGRX is gambling. Yes, yes, ARWR is a gamble, too. But I think ARWR is as sure a thing one can get in the stock market; and certainly less risky than AGRX.

I hope Twirla gets approved, for you. Good luck.
            I'm not invested on AGRX - IMO it's as sure of a short term trade one can make leading up to the FDA decision.

It would be a gamble to buy and hold AGRX for a long trade..I agree. Even if they get approval I have no idea where it will trade

Comment

Honestly, I no longer invest in the market and have moved all my funds into rental real estate. I believe ERISA was designed by wall street to maximize their gains not yours. They have some magic when the market goes down that makes your money their money. If you live and breath the market you can self direct and limit this with proshares but I have no desire to live and breath the market. The best book I have seen on market investing for the non-professional was from Tony Robbins "Unshakeable" it is available on audio and if I was still in the market I would follow the advice of the people he interviewed.

Comment

I am invested in ARWR and why it's the only stock I own:
                For someone who keeps saying that a person shouldn't invest in ARWR just because you say so, you sure are being tel-evangelistic in your pitch.

Hopefully readers are making their own decisions and not blindly following the investment "non-advice" of a guy who is invested in a single stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                  For someone who keeps saying that a person shouldn't invest in ARWR just because you say so, you sure are being tel-evangelistic in your pitch.

Hopefully readers are making their own decisions and not blindly following the investment "non-advice" of a guy who is invested in a single stock.
                  Ha! Such cynicism. If this thread had been an in-person conversation amongst friends, it would have taken about five minutes. But being written and on the internet, it gets atomized and analyzed.

Have a beer and relax. I'm just making conversation about something that I'm interested in.

Oh! Look at that: The thousand shares I bought yesterday are up a buck. Nice.

Comment

Barnadell, message sent.

Comment

Originally posted by trash2 View Post
                      2 years investing and talking about holding too long is where you're going terribly wrong.
                      This. You're too far zoomed in on the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntvideo View Post
                        This. No reason to pay someone. These funds charge .25 percent or less and will beat 85% of all professional fund managers. Dollars cost average in on a regular basis for the long haul, don’t fret the swings and pray the Republicans stay in control.
                        The Simple Path to Wealth outlines the low-cost index fund strategy rather brilliantly. It also covers all of the other Personal Finance topics if you're interested

Comment

I talked to a financial advisor who has his own company and has advised numerous people and organizations for years. His basic advice to me if anyone tells you they understand the stock market run from them as fast as you can. He basically said long term investment that is diversified is the only way to go. I followed his advice and wound with three times as much as I thought I would. As to individual stocks, well good luck.

Comment

Lots of people think they hold the next gomden ticket, until they lose it all because they lack diversification.

Comment

Props to those of you that do your own investing. I find it intimidating so I let ML handle anything I do. Not a big investor by any means but have IRA’s and 529’s with them. If I lose it at least I’ll have someone to blame it on LOL

Comment

Ha! Such cynicism. If this thread had been an in-person conversation amongst friends, it would have taken about five minutes. But being written and on the internet, it gets atomized and analyzed.

Have a beer and relax. I'm just making conversation about something that I'm interested in.

Oh! Look at that: The thousand shares I bought yesterday are up a buck. Nice.
                                If you really have millions of dollars in ARWR then that's at least 70,000 shares so who cares about $1,000 You're up $70,000 today!

Comment

Working...
                                X