X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
    That thing looks light!
    LOL...I hear ya!

Prior to adding that last sheet of MDF, I could barely lift one end!
    Last edited by Palmetto; 02-08-2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
      Final Pictures of the new work table. The MDF turned out great. I screwed it down from the top, so it is replaceable if it gets messed up. It's not as flat or true as a torsion table will be, but it's good enough for us. Also, the wife loves the drawers. Lot's of storage space!
      Solid, Functional. Perfect

Comment

Slanted a piece for the downdraft square. had to pull it out and redo it. I put in backwards.

The top is on, side holes cut. They are a little smaller than I wanted so I'm going to need to open them up.

Next is holes and then a base.
        I like it! And yea, I think I'd open the holes on the side a little more too. I'd want to be able to set a drill in there if need be.

Comment

Emergency woodshop need!

I was turning the lid for my dad's urn and burned up my lathe before I finished. Anyone near Katy have a lathe I could use to finish up?

Text me 361 six seven six 8572.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in the planning process of ducting my shop with a combo of 4" PVC and flexible hose to go with a HF dust collector.

There will also be a separator baffle involved, tucked away in a corner. I've been toying with different spots to install the blower motor and wondering... is there any good reason why I shouldn't just mount the motor in the attic and vent it through a wall outside through a dryer type vent?

I figure, at least I won't have to hear it while it's running and may make running ducts a little simpler.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dust.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	24530304

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
              I'm in the planning process of ducting my shop with a combo of 4" PVC and flexible hose to go with a HF dust collector.

There will also be a separator baffle involved, tucked away in a corner. I've been toying with different spots to install the blower motor and wondering... is there any good reason why I shouldn't just mount the motor in the attic and vent it through a wall outside through a dryer type vent?

I figure, at least I won't have to hear it while it's running and may make running ducts a little simpler.

[ATTACH]896225[/ATTACH]
              If I re did it. I would put the dust collector and compressor outside in a lean to. I still plan on that for the compressor.

Putting it in a attic would suck to empty the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by WildThings View Post
                Also finished the cat that's in the upper left of the first picture
                A taxied cat that actually looks real! Wow that is impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                  Emergency woodshop need!

I was turning the lid for my dad's urn and burned up my lathe before I finished. Anyone near Katy have a lathe I could use to finish up?

Text me 361 six seven six 8572.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                  I have have a cheap harbor freight one you are welcomed to!

Comment

If I re did it. I would put the dust collector and compressor outside in a lean to. I still plan on that for the compressor.

Putting it in a attic would suck to empty the bag.
                    I plan to also put in a separator, basically a large Brute trash can which would be in the shop and easy to get to. I will say these setups are a "plumbing" nightmare trying to adapt hose ends, fittings, blast gates etc to common PVC.

Comment

Started on my base for the workbench.

These work great for screws and such.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Redid my storage rack for my aerosol paint cans
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have have a cheap harbor freight one you are welcomed to!
                          My phone doesn't always get reception, in my barn, so I didn't see your post ... I ended up buying one from Harbor Freight and got it done.

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                          I plan to also put in a separator, basically a large Brute trash can which would be in the shop and easy to get to. I will say these setups are a "plumbing" nightmare trying to adapt hose ends, fittings, blast gates etc to common PVC.
                          PVC isn't a recommended material for dust collection. The static could possibly spark and ignite the dust. It's not common, but worth considering. At minimum, make sure you use a bare copper wire to ground all the PVC.

Uhh, do you have a touch of OCD?

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post

Uhh, do you have a touch of OCD?
                            Well I have to or else the shop goes to crap.

Comment

Originally posted by WildThings View Post
                              Redid my storage rack for my aerosol paint cans
                              That looks good! I need something like that.

Comment

I'm stealing this idea. Beats the heck out of coffee cans.

Comment

Working...
                                X