• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut. I didn’t spray this plot

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      Cut. I didn’t spray this plot
      Crazy that shredding them completely killed them. I see all brown and no growing peas

Comment

Lots of peas were I topped. Where I mowed not many... I didn’t shred, I cut with hay mower
        Attached Files

Comment

Topped
          Attached Files

Comment

2 week progress. Tipping the peas worked great. I kept most of them and allowed enough sunlight in to kick off the brassicas and grains good!

4”-6” growth on grains and great coverage too

Looks great! I did a similar thing in one plot but my peas weren’t nearly as thick as yours and had a lot of weeds so I sprayed, broadcast, and mowed/rolled. This plot hasn’t been disced in 2 years so the thatch is building up nice. Decent growth 2 weeks in, considering it’s only rained once since planting. That’s the no-disc advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks great! Guessing that “crimper” works a lot better once sprayed?

Comment

Looks great! Guessing that “crimper” works a lot better once sprayed?

That’s for sure. The ‘lil crimper’ is handy when it’s too wet to get the tractor across the creek but takes several passes to knock it down if green.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
                  Looks great! I did a similar thing in one plot but my peas weren’t nearly as thick as yours and had a lot of weeds so I sprayed, broadcast, and mowed/rolled. This plot hasn’t been disced in 2 years so the thatch is building up nice. Decent growth 2 weeks in, considering it’s only rained once since planting. That’s the no-disc advantage.

Where did u buy the crimper? I tried this method for the first time this year and plot is looking good- I’ll try and post pics- I have been looking for a roller to pull behind my buggy

Comment

Clover mix and elbow rye- just sprayed a month before throwing out seed

Comment

Comment

What does that crimper do?

I checked the plots i spayed on Saturday. Pretty good kill but i missed a few spots so I sprayed again yesterday. Hoping to grain drill in 1 week and then shred over

Comment

When y'all spray what are y'all using more specifically than gly? I assume there is a week or two between spraying/planting? Very much a rookie here so I hate to bother y'all with the basics.

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
                            When y'all spray what are y'all using more specifically than gly? I assume there is a week or two between spraying/planting? Very much a rookie here so I hate to bother y'all with the basics.
                            I like to spray GLy then wait until I get a good kill. Just to lighten the grass/layers so the seed can hit the ground. Some broadcast, but i grain drill.

I am also curious what they spray that doesn't kill everything in their standing plots

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
                              I just bought the tractor supply brand gly. Sprayed August 15. Everything layed down pretty good so I just broadcasted seed into dead grass and weeds around Sept 15. Got rain a couple days later and when I came back Oct 1 it was looking good- very happy with my first try at this. I will definitely do more small plots like this next year. My buddy had a big shooter on the edge of that plot opening morning making a scrape. He could not get a shot but awesome to see that plot is paying off.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                                I like to spray GLy then wait until I get a good kill. Just to lighten the grass/layers so the seed can hit the ground. Some broadcast, but i grain drill.

I am also curious what they spray that doesn't kill everything in their standing plots
                                You would need to go with a “round up ready” soybean or cow pea variety. Then just spray it with gly... if that’s what you are wanting to leave

Comment

Working...
                                X