This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    Sark gets it! Another huge addition. Banks will join the staff as AHC/STC/TE.

Crootin in Texas about to be a bloodbath!
    Banks is an A+ recruiter and pretty darn good special teams coach. Surprised Sark was able to pull him from Bama. I think that is telling in a very positive way for Sark.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
      Excellent, hope to see more of our Tx kids stay in state. Wonder if he's pisse* poppa saban off yet.
      Supposedly Saban is ******. The 2022 class in Texas is severely loaded.

$1 Million per year for Banks. That is pretty crazy for a position coach.

Comment

The more Sark talks, I like him. He’s saying all the right words but comes across as humble and authentic but very confident. Almost 200 former Lettermen were on the call.

Nobody asked about the DC hire [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          The more Sark talks, I like him. He’s saying all the right words but comes across as humble and authentic but very confident. Almost 200 former Lettermen were on the call.

Screen capture of the letterman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like Golding will be or has been the DC hire.
            Wow, didn't think that would happen. If it does, Saban getting poached. Sure he will be just fine though.

Comment

Having life kick the **** out of you will definitely humble you, especially in the public manner in which he did. I'm pulling for him in a big way.

Comment

Sounds like Golding will be or has been the DC hire.
                Interesting, I like the Banks hire more.

Comment

And couldn't be more clear about "the eyes of Texas". I like it, no more catering to the crybabies. .

Comment

Well he's lasted longer than Tommy without stepping on his #$%^ so thats a step in the right direction

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                      Having life kick the **** out of you will definitely humble you, especially in the public manner in which he did. I'm pulling for him in a big way.
                      Getting these guys to leave Alabama is a great sign that they have faith that Sark has his stuff under control. Exciting time for that school.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                        Getting these guys to leave Alabama is a great sign that they have faith that Sark has his stuff under control. Exciting time for that school.
                        This is something I have been thinking about as well. Look I have no idea if Sark will work out, but if the coaches at Bama are willing to leave and follow him then they have faith in him. I do understand most of those guys are getting pay raises as well, so that is not lost on me but I do think it shows the believe in Sark as well.

Comment

This is something I have been thinking about as well. Look I have no idea if Sark will work out, but if the coaches at Bama are willing to leave and follow him then they have faith in him. I do understand most of those guys are getting pay raises as well, so that is not lost on me but I do think it shows the believe in Sark as well.
                          I wonder what it says about how much longer Saban wants to keep going..

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I’m sure that could be part of it. I did see an interview with Saban’s wife and she said he was a train wreck when he was quarantined at home and away from the team. She told him he needed to go back to work. That may have given him a slight look into retirement even though he was still very involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Coaching for Saban has always been very, very difficult for the staff. He is a very demanding dude. Coaches go there because it is an amazing opportunity to work for the GOAT and learn how they do things at the top program in all of college football.

I think what it mainly means is that some of his coaches are willing to go somewhere that they will have similar resources and get paid more money to work for a guy that seems a little more laid back. Also, for the defensive guys, getting out of Nick's shadow and having success at Texas is a good way to get a head coaching or coordinator gig.

I think hiring Bill O'Brien as OC probably had something to do with Banks having a change of heart. BOB is a world class azzhole and someone that nobody wants to work for.

Comment

Sumlin the next one to go to Saban’s coaching rehab school?

Comment

Working...
                                X