2020 “modified buffalo” fall plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DZM View Post
    Where did u buy the crimper? I have been looking for a roller to pull behind my buggy
    Here is the link from last year: http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=737596

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
      Thank you sir, looks great - PM sent

Comment

Another week in. No rain since planting. This is the plot I topped the peas where they were so thick and sprayed the brassica patch (weeds). They are doing fantastic. Hogs are right to the edge of this plot. I’ve lost probably 50 acres this week. My plot I cut with hay mower took a beating though. Lost 1/3+ to hogs last night. Was a carpet of green.... now dirt. I’ll reseed after a blood bath. I hate this time of year, same thing every year
        Attached Files

Comment

The mower plot took a direct hit.... along with 50 acres, every yard and church in the area
          Attached Files

Comment

Moon surface
            Attached Files

Comment

Somebody mention hogs ?
              Attached Files

Comment

.... mine ain’t much into grazing
                Attached Files

Comment

Seen a sounder of 14 getting cows up, that just left plot and were in hay field. Ain’t done a body count yet. I know I have 2 confirmed dead and at least a 3rd that was hit

Comment

Week 4 progress. No rain since day after planting. Most peas are in pod stage and they are really working the leaves over! Best brassicas I’ve ever had at this time of year (still looking for proof a deer will eat them. Lol). Every other plant is doing excellent too. Another rain wouldn’t hurt
                    Attached Files

Comment

That’s awesome growth. Use any fertilizer on this plot? Last rain I can think of in Hunt Co was 9/21, the day after I planted.

The disced plot I put in is struggling but the thatchy plot is growing well. The buffalo benefits are obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
                          That’s awesome growth. Use any fertilizer on this plot? Last rain I can think of in Hunt Co was 9/21, the day after I planted.

The disced plot I put in is struggling but the thatchy plot is growing well. The buffalo benefits are obvious.

No commercial fertilizer. Just pea thatch

Comment

Man! Jealous

I got mine grain drilled on Saturday. And the ground was dry with no rain in sight. Sucks!

I still got fertilizer to put on it also, but need some moisture.

Comment

Great rains today! We got lucky. Broadcast and mowed fall plots yesterday in Wise county. First time not using the disk for a fall plot other than throwing out some Elbon rye and clover in some small plots.

Comment

I got a decent shower on all mine yesterday! Pretty pumped

Ground soaked it up quick but it should be enough to kickstart germination.

Slight chances next week, I may fertilize if the chances hold up

Comment

Working...
                                X