Fall Food plot plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much are people paying for BFO?

I am getting Bob Oats for $14 a bag and can't find BFO.

Comment

I have been mowing and spraying plots, have about 45 acres of scattered food plots on the place.

I do a mix of 90% wheat and 10% elbon rye at 100# per acre rolled in with a top dressing of purple top turnips 1# per acre, dwarf rape 1# per acre, Daikon radishes 1# per acre and 5# per acre of crimson clover.

Mix has worked well for the past 6 years in Rusk county.

Comment

Anyone know where i can get cereal rye in the Lufkin area for a decent price? Would like about 500-700 pounds of seed.

Comment

We will plant straight oats. 10 acres and 1000lbs of oats and 2000lbs of fertilizer.

Comment

Prep next weekend, plant first of October. Army worms got me good last year...Oats with something mixed in, haven't decided yet.

Comment

Triticale and medium red clover in this plot
              Attached Files

Comment

Same thing here
                Attached Files

Comment

Wheat and medium red clover here
                  Attached Files

Comment

Whitetail Institute clover here. I haven’t planted these plots yet. I only disced them this morning to get ready for planting when I have rain in the forecast.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Drycreek3189; 09-14-2019, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                      $10 bag o wheat and a lil crimson clover
                      I'm throwing all this down Sept 14th just like last year
                      50lbs of winter wheat and 50lbs of elbon rye got broadcasted on my pipeline on September 9
                      The last three nights I have two lil piggies on camera that have been vacuuming all of my seed up

They don't even touch the corn
                      The raccoons have been taking care of that

Comment

It's got to rain in Mills county before I can even plow. Hope to get it in by mid October.

Comment

I'm about to head out on vacation for the last half of this week and it looks like it is going to rain and cooler temps. So, I'm headed down to my place tomorrow morning to sling some seed and pull a drag over it. Then let mother nature take over.

Comment

Well, mother nature apparently wasn't nice to me for my effort. I got all the seed slung and used the drag over it, plus a few other chores on Tuesday when it was 95 degrees but I thought it was going to be worth it because the forecast from the tropical storm was to put an inch on rain on my place. I texted the neighbor today and asked we got any rain and he said it didn't look like it.
                            Guess we will see what it looks like next weekend and hope for some rain to happen soon. Luckily, I bought more seed than what I needed on Tuesday so if I need to sling out some more than I've got it.

Comment

After last year I'm done planting until mid October. Between drought and worms to much time and money, just to have to do it again.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Next weekend (bow opener) I'm going to throw down another bag of wheat and half bag of elbon rye

Comment

Working...
                                X