No announcement yet.

New Zealand Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sad and disturbing event. Prayers for the victims families and I agree with most everyone, that if you ever needed a reason to own, train with, and carry a weapon then this is it. These types of situations will continue to occur, but at a much smaller scale if people are allowed to defend themselves and others before the authorities arrive by being armed everywhere you go.

Comment

Psychotic mentally ill twisted man.

Comment

Saddens me and disgust me at the same time. I would've never imagined I see in my lifetime the disdain for human life. The world has gone mad.

Comment

I watched it l. ONE guy tried to rush him and take the shooter down. Had three more people thought like that guy lots more people would not have died.

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
            And to think New Zealand has rather strict gun laws.
            Source for your understanding of new zealand gun laws? i read that one of the people attending the prayer was armed and shot back at the perp.

i personally know nothing of new zealand gun laws but seems many on here do.

Comment

Originally posted by profish2004 View Post
              Saddens me and disgust me at the same time. I would've never imagined I see in my lifetime the disdain for human life. The world has gone mad.

The world has always been a screwed up place. We just have more outlets to hear about happenings more frequently and instantly. We are currently living in the best time in human existence (although I do believe that is being threatened). Do not buy into the narrative that the world is going to &%^(. That is exactly what people like this scumbag shooter want.
              Last edited by Clay C; 03-15-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                The video is disturbing, but does in fact show the majority killed where huddled in two separate spots yards from each other. The guy literally walked up to each huddled group and executed all of them.

The shooter was rushed by, or at least knocked off balance, by one guy fleeing at a doorway. If three more of the huddled would have been with him it could have been ended there by overpowering the POS scumbag.

Any return fire in this situation would have been good. This guy was unchallenged even when driving off. I have a short truck AR but have not found a great way to lock it up while having quick access. Given how confined the main shooting location was anyone with a handgun would have at least gone down fighting and could have likely ended the attack. The problem with relying on door security is shown in the vid. He was prepared for that and took out three people at the door immediately with a shotgun.

I hate to say it but this guy live streaming gives all of us an insight into what to do; better to die rushing the guy than huddled in a corner waiting on your bullet. I think all video of these mass shootings should be made available to the public. It is a slap in the face wake up call that doing nothing is the worst thing possible in these cases. I know people say it glorifies the act; however, if it mentally prepares a few people to act and save lives it is worth it. Police departments see these videos in order to know how to respond. The problem is the best first responders are already on-seen and huddled in groups.

Prayers for all the victims and their families.
                been in many shootings have you?

Comment

Originally posted by billythefish View Post
                  been in many shootings have you?
                  He never claimed to form his opinion based on 1st hand experience. He clearly stated what he observed from the video.

I know you have worked security and have military experience. Are you trained to huddle in a corner and cry and pray to ward off an armed assailant?

Comment

Somehow, this is Trump’s fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      He never claimed to form his opinion based on 1st hand experience. He clearly stated what he observed from the video.

I know you have worked security and have military experience. Are you trained to huddle in a corner and cry and pray to ward off an armed assailant?
                      then how the **** is he qualified to suggest what should be done in that circumstance? Pretty **** disrespectful to pretty much every mass shooting thus far to suggest he knows how to prevent it don't ya think???

Love hearing people talk about what to do when the rounds are going down when they haven't been involved with it themselves. Pathetic.

Comment

then how the **** is he qualified to suggest what should be done in that circumstance? Pretty **** disrespectful to pretty much every mass shooting thus far to suggest he knows how to prevent it don't ya think???

Love hearing people talk about what to do when the rounds are going down when they haven't been involved with it themselves. Pathetic.

I am assuming you only speak on matters you are qualified to speak on then?

Comment

He never said he knows how to prevent it. He said that we could learn from the video. As disturbing and tragic as it is, it could be used as a learning tool for LEO or concerned citizens.

Maybe you should come down off the high horse you seem to be strapped too. Other people have opinions on things. It happens. At least this time you didn't put words in his mouth in an attempt to make him look racist like you did in the pollution thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            He never said he knows how to prevent it. He said that we could learn from the video. As disturbing and tragic as it is, it could be used as a learning tool for LEO or concerned citizens.

Maybe you should come down off the high horse you seem to be strapped too. Other people have opinions on things. It happens. At least this time you didn't put words in his mouth in an attempt to make him look racist like you did in the pollution thread.
                            he never merely said we could learn: "given how confined the main shooting location was anyone with a handgun would have at least gone down fighting and could have likely ended the attack. "

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                            I am assuming you only speak on matters you are qualified to speak on then?
                            Yes walk into a bar and tell a veteran or cop how you think combat and shooting situations should be dealt with and let me know how that goes. If you want to become a subject matter in all things that go bang or bleed then get the necessary training shut the **** up. In fact, go tell the victims of their families they should have done something differently. Don't pretend this is any different simply because it is on an internet forum.
                            Last edited by billythefish; 03-15-2019, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Yes walk into a bar and tell a veteran or cop how you think combat and shooting situations should be dealt with and let me know how that goes. In fact, go tell the victims of their families they should have done something differently. Don't pretend this is any different simply because it is on an internet forum.

Okay. I will. I have several Veteran and Cop friends. In fact, i'll probably go down the hall into one of the several Veteran's offices here and have a conversation with them about it. I bet they will gladly partake in a discussion about it. You see, a lot of Veterans and Cops are rational people that like discussion.

Cops show up after the bullets start flying. It's important for us lowly civilians to use any opportunity we can to learn something that may save our lives.

Comment

he never merely said we could learn: "given how confined the main shooting location was anyone with a handgun would have at least gone down fighting and could have likely ended the attack. "
                                Thinking about something that could be done in a similar future situation. That's sounds like it fits the definition of something. Hold on I'll be right back. A light bulb just went off in my head but I need my dictionary.

Comment

Working...
                                X