Sea Sickness + 6yr old...what can I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sea Sickness + 6yr old...what can I do?

Im taking my son on his first offshore fishing trip next weekend. I personally have to wear a scoplamine patch behind the ear or I will die out there. But I see they are only prescribed for 12 year old and up. Dromamine doesn't work for me and am scared to death this whole trip will be a bust and miserable if he gets sick just relying on kids dromamine. Is there something the doctor can prescribe for 6 year old? Hoping someone on here has been in the situation and found a solution. Thanks in advance.

I would say a word but you can give him kids benedryl to try and cut fluid in ears. Dont have him look at small objects and watch horizon. Dont talk about it is biggest factor

Comment

Chances are he won’t get sick, but I agree when you get sick you want to just jump over board! I saw a wrist band thing on outdoor channel this weekend might look into that.

Comment

If he has a pediatrician I would call them and ask.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
          If he has a pediatrician I would call them and ask.
          Do this.

I've seen people cut the patch in half also but I'm not an MD.

Comment

Take a lime with you. If he starts to feel queasy scratch the outside of the lime and have him smell it.

Comment

Have him take his shoes, crocs, whatever he’s wearing off. Fish barefoot. Sounds stupid but it works.

Comment

That’s tough. I’ve wanted to take my daughter, but I don’t think I could handle it if she got sick. I’d make the captain head in. Lol. She’s only 5 though. Next weekend is going to be awfully rough, so I’d do whatever you can to, home remedies, dr. whatever you can to keep him from getting sick.

Comment

Take him to the park everyday & get him on the swing sets...

Comment

Drink ginger ale

Comment

Go late summer when it's more calm. If he's miserable, you might have lost him as an off-shore buddy.

Comment

My kids have fished since they were three. Ive had a kid with me that got sick. Stopped and had them jump in water and just swim around. Works for everyone

Comment

dive braclets

Comment

I give my 8 and 10 year olds half a tablet of Bonine. No complaints or side effects.

Good luck to you guys!

Comment

They make acupuncture bracelets that are supposed to work for sea sickness.

Comment

Working...
                              X